April 19, 2024, 05:49:51 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tatl vs. Midna: A Tael of Two Companions

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 09, 2017, 02:25:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who is your preferred Zelda companion, and why?

Midna
4 (57.1%)
Tatl
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on July 09, 2017, 04:04:57 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 09, 2017, 03:59:03 PM
i'm not trying to win, i'm legitimately trying to figure out why midna is so much more popular than tatl lol

i mean midna has already clearly won the popularity contest among zelda fans, i just don't know why

[spoiler]they wanna fuck midna. [/spoiler]

And this is precisely the answer I was trying to wring from you Midna fanboys. giggle;

so she has a boring, generic backstory, a completely inconsistent but generally bad personality, and is mechanically barely any more useful than a fairy

...but she's also a roughly humanoid figure with exaggerated proportions onto whom desperate gamers can project their most degenerate millennial fantasies of being femdommed, sat on, and treated like a dog

Now do you see why I think everything about Midna is low-hanging-fruit normiebait?

"""gamers""" only like her as much as they do because she's "visually interesting" in the sense that they can bate to her low-hanging fruit akudood; akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 08:55:05 PM
i'm not trying to win, i'm legitimately trying to figure out why midna is so much more popular than tatl lol

i mean midna has already clearly won the popularity contest among zelda fans, i just don't know why

And this is precisely the answer I was trying to wring from you Midna fanboys. giggle;

so she has a boring, generic backstory, a completely inconsistent but generally bad personality, and is mechanically barely any more useful than a fairy

...but she's also a roughly humanoid figure with exaggerated proportions onto whom desperate gamers can project their most degenerate millennial fantasies of being femdommed, sat on, and treated like a dog

Now do you see why I think everything about Midna is low-hanging-fruit normiebait?

"""gamers""" only like her as much as they do because she's "visually interesting" in the sense that they can bate to her low-hanging fruit akudood; akudood;
and tatl is a recycled character model with Stockholm syndrome woo

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 08:55:05 PM

But that's not MY answer. That's the tumblr answer.

Tumblr wants to fuck squids  (splatoon), birds/fish (zelda), giant women (zelda), and ponies

TooB

I almost forgot...
They also wanna fuck women with large butts, terrible design, and bad haircuts

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm not accusing you personally of wanting fuck; anything that moves lol

i'm just saying that midna's popularity is unwarranted if you separate her character from her ""'visual design"""

hypothetical: would midna be nearly as popular as she is if she looked like a blob of light akin to navi and tatl

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 13, 2017, 08:57:44 PM

this is true of majora's mask overall

and ironically, that's precisely what makes majora's mask such a unique game lol

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 09:34:16 PM

and ironically, that's precisely what makes majora's mask such a unique game lol
unique...but mediocre

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on July 13, 2017, 09:37:53 PM

unique...but mediocre

now this is a topic that warrants its own thread lol

Hiro

not discussing the merits/quality of the story since i don't care for tp, but considerable time is actually spent on midna in the plot, as well as some character development. i don't know why we're really comparing her to tatl, but tatl is barely even there imo, it's just navi but a different unimportant backstory

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 09:38:53 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on July 13, 2017, 09:37:53 PM

unique...but mediocre

now this is a topic that warrants its own thread lol
do it

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 13, 2017, 10:10:02 PM
but considerable time is actually spent on midna in the plot, as well as some character development.

but how much does this really matter if, by your own admission, the merits/quality of the story don't matter and you don't personally care for tp befuddlement

yes, it's inarguable the quantity of time spent on midna is considerable

but her qualities, aside from t&a if you're a millennial degenerate, leave a lot to be desired

TooB

The thing is, at least for me, you wanna know why people like her so much (aside from masturbatory  material) but I've told you, and the only problem is that what you find lackluster in midna, I find engaging.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't know what else to say, lol.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on July 13, 2017, 10:56:27 PM
The thing is, at least for me, you wanna know why people like her so much (aside from masturbatory  material) but I've told you, and the only problem is that what you find lackluster in midna, I find engaging.

you have, and those of you who defended midna make some valid points, aside from her being normie dickbait

but i'm still wondering:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 09:29:32 PM
hypothetical: would midna be nearly as popular as she is if she looked like a blob of light akin to navi and tatl

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 11:04:00 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on July 13, 2017, 10:56:27 PM

you have, and those of you who defended midna make some valid points, aside from her being normie dickbait

but i'm still wondering:

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 13, 2017, 09:29:32 PM

if she had the same personality and stuff?

Maybe not AS popular, but I feel people would like her more than navi or tatl.

Hiro

i think she would be just as popular because people would consider her a better navi and the people that would prefer that would make up for the loss of people that want to fuck her
i've always found her design pretty unappealing
and tec my point was that even if midna's story was a bit meh, it's still considerably better than tatl or really any of link's other sidekicks

Go Up