March 18, 2024, 09:31:03 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Food Pet Peeves

Started by silvertone, June 21, 2017, 02:15:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on July 03, 2017, 06:27:05 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 03, 2017, 04:32:49 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on June 24, 2017, 11:40:23 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 24, 2017, 08:57:53 AM
just about anyone ordering coffee i have some kind of problem with
please elaborate, in what ways are we doing it all wrong

i wonder if those who behave as if sugary coffee-flavored milkshakes deserve to be called '''coffee''' set him off especially badly lol

[spoiler]

those are basically the only coffee-based beverages i like

but i recognize that they're not really coffee[/spoiler]
starbucks has ruined coffee menus, honestly. They change the name of actual beverages to whatever they please. like a caramel macchiato on their menus is more or less, a large iced latte with whipped cream and caramel drizzle on it, when an actual macchiato is a shot of espresso with a little dollop of foam on top of it.

I'll be honest, I drink plenty of starbucks now that I work close to one, but their menu is retarded, to say the least.

this definitely

also using short/tall/grande/vente to refer to the size they want instead of our 8/12/16oz
people who think they only like dark roasts but don't actually know what they mean

nothing actually major and i don't care if you are ordering a vanilla latte or whatever as long as you are pleasant but minor quirks can drain you after dealing with annoying customers for 8 hours

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on July 04, 2017, 10:49:58 AM
nothing actually major and i don't care if you are ordering a vanilla latte or whatever as long as you are pleasant but minor quirks can drain you after dealing with annoying customers for 8 hours

do you work at a coffee shop lol befuddlement

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 05, 2017, 07:28:30 PM

yes

strongbad

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 05, 2017, 07:28:30 PM

Lol it'd be awesome if I had such strong opinions about coffee and didn't work at one

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean it kind of would lol sillydood;

signed, a boyager who has strong opinions about things he's never dealt with irl

Himu

don't have to deal with it anymore, but in hawaii it isn't uncommon to see people eat mayonnaise with everything. like hot dogs, chili, even beef stew myface;

[spoiler]the sight/smell of mayonnaise literally makes me gag[/spoiler]

also i'm one of the few people in the world who don't like cheese and when i ask for no cheese on something sometimes i'll get "WHY YOU'RE SO WEIRD THAT'S THE BEST PART" or they won't believe that i don't like cheese and think i'm just trying to cut calories akudood;

Kalahari Inkantation

no cheese

no mayonnaise

i can only imagine how dry whatever sandwiches you're eating are myface;

Hiro

what cheese are you eatin that adds moisture to a sandwich
i actually like sriracha & mayo on hot dogs, though only if it's both together

also overly picky eaters are a huge pet peeve of mine

YPrrrr

Quote from: Himu on July 10, 2017, 04:37:44 PM
don't have to deal with it anymore, but in hawaii it isn't uncommon to see people eat mayonnaise with everything. like hot dogs, chili, even beef stew myface;

[spoiler]the sight/smell of mayonnaise literally makes me gag[/spoiler]

also i'm one of the few people in the world who don't like cheese and when i ask for no cheese on something sometimes i'll get "WHY YOU'RE SO WEIRD THAT'S THE BEST PART" or they won't believe that i don't like cheese and think i'm just trying to cut calories akudood;
You are my anti-mayonnaise soul sister :O

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 10, 2017, 04:54:21 PM
what cheese are you eatin that adds moisture to a sandwich

what cheese are you eating that doesn't lol befuddlement

common sandwich cheeses are like 30-50% water

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_matter#cite_ref-brown_3-1

Hiro

i suppose the cheese itself has moisture but i wouldn't say it contributes moistness to a sandwich overall like a spread would

Himu

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 10, 2017, 04:44:57 PM
no cheese

no mayonnaise

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 10, 2017, 04:44:57 PM
no cheese

no mayonnaise

well i weirdly don't mind provolone or mozarella, but i don't even eat sandwiches often anyway lol. but when i do usually use either dijon/honey mustard, hoagie/pepper spread, depends. i put sriracha in tuna sandwiches sometimes too

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 10, 2017, 05:04:37 PM
i suppose the cheese itself has moisture but i wouldn't say it contributes moistness to a sandwich overall like a spread would
cheese is also usually salty so although it contains water it's more like salt water.

Meats and veggies also contribute water to a sandwich but Tec would still consider that a dry sandwich without mayo/cheese

Kalahari Inkantation

meat and veggies help of course, but it really depends on the type of sandwich tbh lol

Quote from: Himu on July 10, 2017, 05:05:05 PM
well i weirdly don't mind provolone or mozarella, but i don't even eat sandwiches often anyway lol. but when i do usually use either dijon/honey mustard, hoagie/pepper spread, depends.

all fine choices

Quote from: Himu on July 10, 2017, 05:05:05 PMi put sriracha in tuna sandwiches sometimes too

though i'm not sure i could stomach this one lol

Hiro

i like cayenne pepper in tuna sandwiches

Go Up