April 18, 2024, 01:37:54 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

metroid: samus returns

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 13, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Now I kinda want mercurysteam to handle the next handheld castlevania  (which likely will never happen cuz konami) and without being a Lords of Shadow game.

don't let's

Got this yesterday, haven't started it yet though. Maybe this weekend.

C.Mongler

now that im getting more used to the controls, game is v fun. i havent played any metroidvanias in a while so that probably helps

just got to area 3 woop wooooooooooooop

TooB

Nintendo should let Mercurysteam do a Zelda 2 remake

C.Mongler

nintendo should let mercurysystems to a custom robo game

reeper

just beat this game today. was good. i missed 2d metroid games so much, prime is okay but the pacing on the good metroid 2d games is unreal.

i like this game but the controls were redonk, how many buttons do i have to press at the same time to fire? i at first like the aim anywhere to fire mechanic but sometimes it was a pain to fire at a 45 degree angle to hit some of the bosses. i wish they would auto aim to 45 degrees like in metroid fusion/zerommissson. i did like that the game was difficult even though some of that felt like the awkward controls

if you're like me and love 2d metroid get it or if you like metroidvania type games, otherwise it probably is a safe pass.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on September 28, 2017, 06:41:38 PM
i wish they would auto aim to 45 degrees like in metroid fusion/zerommissson.

that was a thing even all the way back in super metroid

C.Mongler

i beat it last night too, was very fun, albeit i thought some things were dumb

-controls as said were fucking ass
-bosses were reused way too much. this is a fault of metroid II really, but man, after fighting a boss for the first time and being like UGH THAT WAS ANNOYING and then having to fight them 4 more times, its kind of a bummer
-wish the game had a bit more forced backtracking, was very linear. again, metroid IIs fault

i would give this a HIGH seven. probably my least favorite 2d metroid that i've played through, but still a v decent game

end game spoilers:
[spoiler]ridley fanservice was kind cringey, and the boss fight was kind of too long and boring IMO

fucking amped that mercury seems to be teasing maybe they got the greenlight on a fusion remake. though i heard this started as a proposal to remake fusion, so maybe it's just a nod to that. regardless, i fucking love fusion.[/spoiler]

don't let's

I don't really see the need for a handheld fusion remake. I'd rather have a sequel to that.

TooB

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on September 30, 2017, 06:06:14 AM
I don't really see the need for a handheld fusion remake. I'd rather have a sequel to that.
lol, this game almost WAS a fusion remake

Samus Aran

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on September 30, 2017, 06:06:14 AM

agreed, fusion definitely does not need to be remade, but i would love to see the timeline go beyond it.

TooB

*piss off everybody in 3....2......*

Super Metroid Remake lllllllllllllllllllllol

Samus Aran

i mean i dont think that would piss anyone off it's just a weird thing to suggest cause it isn't necessary either

reeper

anyone play AM2R? I wanna try, looks more like a fusion remake than this game

C.Mongler

we're in 2017, plenty of things less deserving of a remake get remade so lets just remake every metroid game (even the already remakes like zero mission)

Go Up