March 28, 2024, 06:41:09 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Started by bluaki, June 06, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

June 06, 2017, 07:10:50 AM Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:58:58 AM by bluaki
The new games are 3DS exclusive both coming to 3DS, not announced for Switch.

They describe it as an "alternate story taking place in the world of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon", so it's unclear whether this is like an enhanced version of the same game (like Emerald and Platinum) or a sequel (like Black 2 and White 2). It "features Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions" and they've shown some sort of new form for Solgaleo and Lunala.

Launching worldwide on November 17.

Also, on September 22, Pokkén Tournament Deluxe is launching for Switch and Pokémon Gold & Silver are launching for the 3DS virtual console.

Joice

YPrrrr

Rats was hoping they'd have ultra sun and moon for the switch. Oh well. Will probably get one of those and the virtual console gold/silver

bluaki

They never directly said it's 3DS exclusive, but they did say both versions are coming to 3DS.

There were some press report slip-ups by Nintendo suggesting that both games might also be coming to Switch too.

If true, I think you can expect Nintendo will announce this during their E3 digital event. That would explain the timing: The Pokémon Company always wants to make their own announcement to reveal the games, but announcing a Switch version of them seems appropriate for an E3 reveal, so this USUM reveal came just one week before E3.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on June 06, 2017, 07:54:52 AM
They never directly said it's 3DS exclusive, but they did say both versions are coming to 3DS.

There were some press report slip-ups by Nintendo suggesting that both games might also be coming to Switch too.

If true, I think you can expect Nintendo will announce this during their E3 digital event. That would explain the timing: The Pokémon Company always wants to make their own announcement to reveal the games, but announcing a Switch version of them seems appropriate for an E3 reveal, so this USUM reveal came just one week before E3.
You're getting my hopes up again Blu  happydood; saddood;

YPrrrr

Nintendo confirmed listing the switch was a clerical error and the only release plans are for 3ds. Fug

I was hoping they'd at least steal that cel shaded "no outlines" mod/emulator to make the game look better but unfortunately... :/

bluaki

Quote from: YPargh on June 06, 2017, 09:49:48 AM
Nintendo confirmed listing the switch was a clerical error and the only release plans are for 3ds. Fug

I was hoping they'd at least steal that cel shaded "no outlines" mod/emulator to make the game look better but unfortunately... :/
I'm actually surprised they'd outright deconfirm it like this. Usually I'd expect no comment either way.

Also, I really hope this is a sequel, but sadly it's looking like it's probably a retelling. It's kinda weird they're making this only one year later; they haven't done a "third version" this quickly since Crystal.

TooB

TooB

You know what's more exciting than these?

The upcoming VC versions of gold and silver.
Now I'll be able to play (one of) these.

don't let's

Old pokemon games are hard for me to go back to because they're not as streamlined and it takes forever to do some simple things that they've made better.

Samus Aran

i kind of assume these will be less like yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum and more like black/white 2. at least, i hope so.

still, i don't really care right now.

Hiro

silly but I think I'm okay without new pokemon for a little while

wawi

"features Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions"
um so like every game after RBY?  doodhuh; doodhuh; doodhuh; doodhuh; doodhuh; doodhuh; psyduck;
wow nintendo

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Can't wait to see alolan mr. mime.

Go Up