March 18, 2024, 10:44:43 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: FOOD EDITION

Started by Hiro, May 24, 2017, 02:19:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

May 31, 2017, 05:01:20 PM #90 Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:05:53 PM by YPargh
Quote from: ƕɾο on May 31, 2017, 04:08:34 PM
the "gummy texture exterior" is the fuckin mochi bro, what did you expect mochi to taste like exactly
mochi ice cream is great
imagine not knowing what something you're trying for the first time will taste like doodhuh;

Idk I expected it to not be the texture of uncooked dough I guess

Hiro

lmao i wouldn't liken it to that at all but you seem to have a lot of weird & strong food associations
the gummy descriptor is fairly accurate, but i usually quite like that texture

wawi

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 29, 2017, 09:06:28 AM
but cheese in most forms is more of a topping than a condiment

whats the difference

Hiro

Quote from: wawi on May 31, 2017, 05:16:20 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 29, 2017, 09:06:28 AM
but cheese in most forms is more of a topping than a condiment

whats the difference
QuoteA condiment is a spice, sauce, or, preparation that is added to food to impart a particular flavor, to enhance its flavor,[1] or in some cultures, to complement the dish. The term originally described pickled or preserved foods, but has shifted meaning over time.[2]

Many condiments are available packaged in single-serving packets, like mustard or ketchup, particularly when supplied with take-out or fast-food meals. They are usually applied by the diner, but are sometimes added prior to serving; for example, in a sandwich made with ketchup, mustard or mayonnaise. Some condiments are used during cooking to add flavor or texture to the food; barbecue sauce, compound butter, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and marmite are examples.

The term condiment comes from the Latin condimentum, meaning "spice, seasoning, sauce" and from the Latin condere, meaning "preserve, pickle, season".[3]
cheese is a food in its own right that doesn't primarily serve to be added as an optional flavor topping to a dish
also it's not a spice or sauce, the latter of which I believe is the most recognized form of a condiment

wawi

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

i'm not a big fan how i really enjoy something one day, then not enjoy it as much the next (or like it more)

not sure if that's what meant but it's annoying!!!

Go Up