April 16, 2024, 11:47:16 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GOOOOOOOD PODCASTS

Started by C.Mongler, April 04, 2017, 07:27:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

what are some good podcasts MAN. i just started listening to S-town and think its cool, i'd like something with a story. i've tried serial, it was p good but it didnt hook me all that much. ive listened to this american life but i stopped cuz im gay

whats some of your faves

in b4 the richard simmons one

or no replies at all

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i was on two episodes of a podcast my friend did

TooB

the only podcasts I listen to regularly are the Game Informer Show and the Legacy Music Hour

Thyme

i watch the joe rogan experience on youtube idk if that counts

ME##

football weekly
serial
this unitedstatsian life
planet money
polygon quality control [lel]

rdl

April 04, 2017, 07:45:57 PM #5 Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:54:17 PM by ADX
joe rogan if you want to relax and not think too much
bill burr's monday morning podcast is fun in the same way. nice to unwind to.
i like writers bloc podcast, old daily show writer does interviews with daily show people and fellow comedians. hit and miss, but theyre fun and educational. the good ones are really good. personal favorite.
hardcore history obviously, the mongol one is really good and worldview changing
how i built this, ive been meaning to listen to this but i havent: http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
working by slate, people describe how they do their jobs. pretty good, more hit than miss, you can tell pretty quick whether its a good one or not. http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/working.html

cant really think of anything else. good thread

strongbad

I listen to a dozen or so but my top 5 are

This American Life - U know already
Planet Money - Economics are so interesting somehow!!!
Retronauts - Funny engaging Vidya guys from 1up talking about cool retro stuff
Reply All - Engaging stories from the internet
Hollywood Handbook - Prob my favorite podcast. Very good satire comedy

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

marc maron's podcast is cool.

the podcast im on is about movies and its called John Plays The Piano. MY friend even got tshirts made lol. i'm on two episodes so far.

rdl

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 05, 2017, 08:06:44 PM
marc maron's podcast is cool.

the podcast im on is about movies and its called John Plays The Piano. MY friend even got tshirts made lol. i'm on two episodes so far.
i like the interview he did with louis ck. sort of a classic at this point.

but its very real, its like one of those conversations you wish you could have. and life and luck and all that.

[hedy]Zidone

in addition to the ones already mentioned here:

last podcast on the left -- well researched but silly and irreverent true crime/horror/conspiracy/paranormal podcast
thinking sideways -- about unsolved mysteries, 3 hosts discuss and debate theories about mysterious deaths and occurrences w/ a pretty casual atmosphere
my favorite murder - 2 women hosting a comedy podcast about murder, often sharing listener "hometown murders"
generation why - similar to thinking sideways; 2 hosts discuss mainly unsolved murders. not a lot of humor
stuff you missed in history class - only just started with this one but i really like it, lots of interesting episodes from history that aren't part of the common knowledge. produced by howstuffworks
sawbones - stories of the bizarre history of medicine
Quote from: ADX on April 04, 2017, 07:45:57 PM
hardcore history obviously, the mongol one is really good and worldview changing

i really like his current events show (common sense) too

wawi

April 08, 2017, 08:03:49 PM #10 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:13:13 PM by wawi
Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on April 06, 2017, 09:56:25 PM
in addition to the ones already mentioned here:

last podcast on the left -- well researched but silly and irreverent true crime/horror/conspiracy/paranormal podcast
thinking sideways -- about unsolved mysteries, 3 hosts discuss and debate theories about mysterious deaths and occurrences w/ a pretty casual atmosphere
my favorite murder - 2 women hosting a comedy podcast about murder, often sharing listener "hometown murders"
generation why - similar to thinking sideways; 2 hosts discuss mainly unsolved murders. not a lot of humor

not a big fan of mfm personally, but I also listen to these types of podcasts. Casefiles, The Unresolved Podcast, and True Crime Garage are also good. also used to listen to sword and scale but the maker is a dick, and the quality of the episodes went to shit

Not everyone would be a fan of this one but I listen to the Dave and Chuck the Freak podcasts. They are a radio show in the Metro Detroit area. They're really funny but often talk about local things

strongbad

anyone tried Hello from the Magic Tavern? Pretty funny chicago based improv podcast some guy who got sucked into a magical world and interviews magical creatures. funnier than i would have expected

AAAAAAAA

Go Up