April 17, 2024, 08:09:05 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nier (Automata)

Started by TooB, March 19, 2017, 05:00:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

so you're on a usb 3.0 connection, which is actually faster than sata 2.0, and the drive itself isn't any slower than the internal one

hmmm'st

do you have difficulties in any particular areas other than the city ruins lol

TooB

I think you're actually fine nyerp.

Apparently there's many reports of slowdown and such while just exploring.

I don't actually think it's your hdd

I guess I'm just less noticing on things like that

Nyerp

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 17, 2017, 01:06:16 PM
so you're on a usb 3.0 connection, which is actually faster than sata 2.0, and the drive itself isn't any slower than the internal one

hmmm'st

there's a couple of other problem areas, but i think it's just the game and i'm overreacting lol. thanks guys

[spoiler=game spoilers]i'm glad kaine's theme made it into the game somehow. although not kaine herself. :(

so i guess whichever character didn't die in endings C/D of nier was massacred by aliens? or did they even live long enough to experience the alien invasion? i'm not sure how the characters in nier age since yonah and i think nier himself (in the japanese version) seem to visibly age as the game progresses, even though they're essentially androids who have been around since the inception of project gestalt. idk i just hope they didn't get killed by the weak little machines because that's lame[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

having looked it up, yeah, i doubt the issue is on your end

sadly the game just happens to have its own set of blighttowns

the city ruins are bad even on pc

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 17, 2017, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 17, 2017, 01:06:16 PM

hmmm'st

there's a couple of other problem areas, but i think it's just the game and i'm overreacting lol. thanks guys

[spoiler=game spoilers]i'm glad kaine's theme made it into the game somehow. although not kaine herself. :(

so i guess whichever character didn't die in endings C/D of nier was massacred by aliens? or did they even live long enough to experience the alien invasion? i'm not sure how the characters in nier age since yonah and i think nier himself (in the japanese version) seem to visibly age as the game progresses, even though they're essentially androids who have been around since the inception of project gestalt. idk i just hope they didn't get killed by the weak little machines because that's lame[/spoiler]

to Nyerp
[spoiler]I can sort of answer that, but I can't remember if Emil tells you when you find his secret place.

I know he explains it at some point [/spoiler]

TooB

Also, I'm guessing that means you did his first sidequest then right?

Nyerp

i did the one where you find all the lunar tears

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 17, 2017, 04:53:43 PM
i did the one where you find all the lunar tears
yeah. I think it's when you do another one, that leads to a superboss, where it gets explained

Nyerp

i sure hope that sidequest activates on this playthrough because i think i'm about to hit a point where the story diverges

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 17, 2017, 05:46:24 PM
i sure hope that sidequest activates on this playthrough because i think i'm about to hit a point where the story diverges
hmm, I don't recall the exact steps needed, but I know it requires 9s.

Nyerp

i guess i'm on route C now

[spoiler]holy FUCK :'([/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 18, 2017, 01:03:49 AM
i guess i'm on route C now

[spoiler]holy FUCK :'([/spoiler]
I know right?

Nyerp

got ending C

[spoiler]i picked A2. i hope the new chapter select lets me go back and pick 9S but i haven't tried it yet. this game sad :([/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 19, 2017, 03:54:30 PM
got ending C

[spoiler]i picked A2. i hope the new chapter select lets me go back and pick 9S but i haven't tried it yet. this game sad :([/spoiler]

it does, don't worry.
[spoiler]chapter select is a godsend for reasons like that.
Also, can't wait for you to get ending e, which you can get easily with chapter select. In fact, you have to pick 9s to get ending d I think. [/spoiler]

Go Up