April 18, 2024, 02:59:11 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what do

Started by Hiro, February 07, 2017, 03:02:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

WHAT DO

PS4 Pro
5 (45.5%)
PS4 Old
1 (9.1%)
PS4 Slim
2 (18.2%)
Extra game(s) - specify which
1 (9.1%)
20th Anniversary controller
0 (0%)
Switch
1 (9.1%)
Save $$$
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Hiro

originally posted in chat thread but i think deserves its own thread:
So my girlfriend surprised me with a PS4 (along with physical copies of Story of Seasons, GTA V, and Harvest Moon: Back to Nature) the other day, only problem is they accidentally sent her one that was returned to them with a broken eject button, dirty, missing a power cable, and a disk stuck inside  doodthing;
Amazon was no help whatsoever ("just return it") but the vendor gave us a $100 amazon gift card as an apology.
So now I'm not sure what to do; should I  use that extra money to get a PS4 Pro instead? Get an older PS4 like I was supposed to get? Maybe a Slim? Get another game? That 20th Anniversary DualShock 4 I really want? Just save the money altogether, and maybe use some of it for a Switch?

C.Mongler

i dunno get a pro lol

Mando Pandango

It'd be worth it to wait for a Switch IMO. If you have a 4k TV, get the PS4 Pro, otherwise just get what you were gonna get and some extra games.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

oh yeah i was also considering maybe getting a modern tv or a better computer monitor with the money, forgot that one

Hiro

I plan on getting a Switch regardless when possible, but one big drawback is my TV doesn't have any HDMI, and my monitor has shitty built-in speakers and no audio output/passthrough
on the PS3 and Wii U I can do HDMI video out and analog out to my speakers, but since the PS4/Switch don't have any analog outputs, I'm not sure what do for the Switch. On the PS4 I just plus my aux cable into the headphone port on the controller which works fine enough. Maybe I could just get some sort of converter box/splitter though, that would be cheaper than a new monitor.
Also my monitor is 1920x1200 which I was hoping the PS4 Pro could take advantage of, but of course it would only do 1080.

Hiro

so right now I'm leaning towards just getting a converter or a cheap receiver and using a part of it for the switch, and part of it to get gf a kitchenaid mixer

C.Mongler

do that then you'll get unlimited brownies itll pay for itself

Hiro

nah not really lol she's planning on getting one anyway and like I said we share money

Go Up