April 23, 2024, 06:13:57 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Spooky Games Month 2016

Started by Samus Aran, September 20, 2016, 09:14:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Nyerp

played the "separate ways" mode for re4 and, uhh.....it sucked. the only thing of note that happened in it was the fight against "normal" saddler. the rest of it was mostly just a rehash of leon's campaign with a shittier character who dies in 2 hits. also the cutscenes looked like utter SHIT because of the resolution. i mean i guess the whole point was to give you more insight into ada's actions in the plot but shouldn't she at least play a little differently from leon??? i went in expecting to do new stuff like idk maybe using the hookshot to sneak around zombies or something but nope you just mow down the same hordes of enemies just like leon. i know i shouldn't be so disappointed since it was just an unlockable extra mode, but still.

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on October 24, 2016, 11:08:26 PM
played the "separate ways" mode for re4 and, uhh.....it sucked. the only thing of note that happened in it was the fight against "normal" saddler. the rest of it was mostly just a rehash of leon's campaign with a shittier character who dies in 2 hits. also the cutscenes looked like utter SHIT because of the resolution. i mean i guess the whole point was to give you more insight into ada's actions in the plot but shouldn't she at least play a little differently from leon??? i went in expecting to do new stuff like idk maybe using the hookshot to sneak around zombies or something but nope you just mow down the same hordes of enemies just like leon. i know i shouldn't be so disappointed since it was just an unlockable extra mode, but still.
there was a whole new area....
but other than that, yeah you got the gist of it. It's a bonus mode.

Samus Aran

that and assignment ada are really just meant to be little extras so yeah, nothing special

mercenaries, however, fucking rules and i love it

Kalahari Inkantation

struggling through re4
i am truly embarrassed by how terrible i am at video games

Kalahari Inkantation

I think I'll make all of our lives easier and kill Trashley myself. hocuspocus;

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on October 26, 2016, 12:22:28 AM
I think I'll make all of our lives easier and kill Trashley myself. hocuspocus;
oh....no.

C.Mongler

i used to "speedrun" re4 because it was the only new game i had for like 3 years lol. my best new game+ glitchless run was a hair below 2 hours which was pretty cool i guess, i wish i didn't have a million games now so i could get back into running that game

i started SOMA last night and it immediately slaps you with Frictional's "LOOK WE HAVE PHYSICS, OPEN THE CUPBOARDS, PULL OUT THE DRAWERS, LOOK FOR STUFF!" so i was kind of immediately turned off from continuing lol, i didnt even get to the spooky parts yet

Kalahari Inkantation

October 27, 2016, 11:09:34 PM #53 Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:15:10 PM by Tectron
just finished re4 hocuspocus;

and i didn't hate it this time !!!

It was good, but I still wish its controls weren't so stiff. And the Wii version is supposedly the most most fluid option. myface;

Very Important Stats:

hit ratio: 73% 5thgrade;
enemies killed: 965
clear time: 22h 35m

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

is separate ways worth completing

also, tfw the game gives you an infrared scope for the regenerators and you don't have a rifle 5thgrade;

i actually somehow made it through those chapters, and ultimately the entire game, without ever buying one lol[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on October 28, 2016, 12:09:04 AM
[spoiler]

is separate ways worth completing

also, tfw the game gives you an infrared scope for the regenerators and you don't have a rifle 5thgrade;

i actually somehow made it through those chapters, and ultimately the entire game, without ever buying one lol[/spoiler]
[spoiler]i say it is, but you are mostly retreading old ground, except one new area, and a (sort of) new boss. It's really just more RE4, from Ada's perspective.[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

i'm not really enjoying SOMA tbh lol, it does the other frictional game thing of making the story SUPER fucking convoluted unless you pick up and read every scrap of paper you find while constantly hitting you with disjointed sound bites as a means of telling you the story.

like so far it's literally amnesia in space (or am i even in space i dont fucking actually know)

but at least in that game your confusion is laid out in the title and in this one it's just implied you should be used to not knowing what the fuck is going on because you're playing a frictional game

i might keep playing but i kind of just want to switch over to alien isolation if it's going to be so pretentious the whole time lol

6M69I69B9

29th i bought castlevania iv

my first castlevania game

its ok
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Samus Aran

Quote from: the MIB the on November 01, 2016, 04:21:52 PM
29th i bought castlevania iv

my first castlevania game

its ok

fuck you it's great

Thyme

i extended my spoopy month a little bit because i really wanted to beat alien isolation giggle;

beaten games:

FEAR 3
Until Dawn
Soma
Resident Evil HD
Quake (lol)
The Evil Within
Alien: Isolation

and tbh i might play doom (the new one) next, tho it's horror about as much as quake lol

Go Up