April 16, 2024, 12:45:22 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what is one damn good album

Started by strongbad, September 17, 2016, 10:52:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

my music is stagnating tell me something good that i probably haven't heard and why

i've really been digging r.i.p. by actress. at first feels like solid background ambient synth music but suddenly while you're posting on boyah you'll stop and be like shit that was dirty

YPrrrr

I came here to say Lonerism by Tame Impala

but you've probably heard that so idk

strongbad

Quote from: YPargh on September 17, 2016, 12:59:04 PM

nope listening to it now though

Socks

September 17, 2016, 01:55:15 PM #3 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:00:54 PM by Socks
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/50-most-essential-pieces-classical/id278864065

some of the best 8 bucks i ever spent in life.
so you have to get it because it is great music, truly. do it to gain knowledge of the past and to appreciate her much more fully. it's crucial, really, as you cannot call yourself a music lover but have never seen her purest beauty. i recommend this course for those who want an even greater world, with new and richer feeling, vast thoughts not yet dreamed of.
finally you will know where all those snippets in the famous movies come from, what they are called and how wonderful they are to experience fully.

by no means a comprehensive collection but a very good starting point.

some favorites from this album, meditation by thais, nocturne no. 2 op 9 by chopin, liebestraum no. 3 in a-flat major, suite bergamasque no. 3 L75 and finally concerto for piano and orchestra no. 2 to name a few.

and also because i put a lot of thought into this and made it read like poetry for you, homie.

Ezloﺕ

tame impala is a good band but so many people act like theyre cutting edge when theyre clearly not

from the past couple of years my favorite albums have been benji by sun kill moon and to be kind by swans

emotion too but i think youve already heard that
:)

YPrrrr

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on September 17, 2016, 02:10:29 PM

tame impala is a good band but so many people act like theyre cutting edge when theyre clearly not

from the past couple of years my favorite albums have been benji by sun kill moon and to be kind by swans

I wouldn't say they're cutting edge they've just got a sound I like esp. on their first two albums (Cream, Beatles, etc.) and their lyrics are pretty relatable. Unfortunately yeah as they get more mainstream the hyperbole grows. Perhaps just because there's not really any other visible band with their sound atm that I can think of

strongbad

i liked the album. not really my cup of tea but it was a good listen

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on September 17, 2016, 02:10:29 PM

did i click on /mu/ by accident??????

Check out Blaze Foley's Sittin' By The Road. Low Fi demos of songs. He's an old country singer-songwriter guy who was around the same group as ol Townes Van Zandt. A lot of these guys were over produced but this album (since it's just him, his guitar, and a tape recorder) sounds honest.

squirrelfriend

all i get from /mu/ is contrarian opinions for the sake of being contrarian
tho swans does put out good shit

Travis

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Socks on September 17, 2016, 01:55:15 PM
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/50-most-essential-pieces-classical/id278864065

some of the best 8 bucks i ever spent in life.
so you have to get it because it is great music, truly. do it to gain knowledge of the past and to appreciate her much more fully. it's crucial, really, as you cannot call yourself a music lover but have never seen her purest beauty. i recommend this course for those who want an even greater world, with new and richer feeling, vast thoughts not yet dreamed of.
finally you will know where all those snippets in the famous movies come from, what they are called and how wonderful they are to experience fully.

by no means a comprehensive collection but a very good starting point.

some favorites from this album, meditation by thais, nocturne no. 2 op 9 by chopin, liebestraum no. 3 in a-flat major, suite bergamasque no. 3 L75 and finally concerto for piano and orchestra no. 2 to name a few.

and also because i put a lot of thought into this and made it read like poetry for you, homie.
Honestly if you're interested in classical music and the like, something like this would be a good place to start. From there find composers you like and dig into their "discography" of symphonies, suites, etc., since those would be more analogous to albums.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Anyway, here's one I think you'll really like:
https://kaironirse.bandcamp.com/album/ujubasajuba

Here's my most listened to album of all time:
https://teramelos.bandcamp.com/album/patagonian-rats

I adore Queens of the Stone Age and if you've never paid attention to them, you're fucking up. Listen to Songs For the Deaf if you haven't. Also this album, imo, doesn't get the praise it deserves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBMwelVYn0

Here's some proggy goodness similar to early Mars Volta with lingering reggae influences:
https://rxmusic.bandcamp.com/album/mandala

And I can't find a good stream of it, but listen to Travels With Myself and Another by Future of the Left. Super cynical British noise rock.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

squirrelfriend

give him a stockpile in case he gets stuck in the bomb shelter

Go Up