April 24, 2024, 03:53:51 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

nintendo classic mini

Started by strongbad, July 14, 2016, 08:06:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

ntdo.co.uk/Az

well this is pretty damn cute  baddood;

i have literally zero reason for one with my actual consoles and virtual console but shit i kinda want one
the controller is pretty sick too since it could plug into a wiimote to control VC nes games

hnnng

C.Mongler

yeah its cute, but NES emulation has been great for decades sooooo don't really care that much

it'd be more tempting if it came with like a VC voucher or something, but of course, nintendo

TooB

I just think they should've included a cart slot and original controller ports to compete with the retrons

A missed opportunity.

On the other hand, I'll buy that controller for my VC  as it will only cost $10

C.Mongler

oh yeah the controller is hella dope tho i'll probably get one

now i would be interested in a SNES version of this for sure. i'm more into SNES than NES tho so i'm BIAASSEEDD

Travis

best thing nintendo has done in 20 years

Kalahari Inkantation

and even so it was done better 15 years ago, competent nes/snes emulation has been possible on any device with a screen for nearly as long as i've been alive

and is this a tacit admission by nintendo that its best years are decades behind it

the only companies known to release these sorts of practically pointless but nostalgia-invoking flashback devices are other washed-up has-beens like these guys: http://www.atgames.us/Retro-Console_c4.htm

honestly this seems really un-nintendo-like, they probably whipped this up in the last week just so that they'd have something on the market for christmas, and i guess low-effort appeals to nostalgia have always been cheap and effective as a strategy for nintendo lol

the controller's neat though i'll give it that

i wonder how absurd the pricing will be for this thing

Travis

Quote from: Tectron on July 14, 2016, 12:57:53 PM
and even so it was done better 15 years ago, competent nes/snes emulation has been possible on any device with a screen for nearly as long as i've been alive

and is this a tacit admission by nintendo that its best years are decades behind it

the only companies known to release these sorts of practically pointless but nostalgia-invoking flashback devices are other washed-up has-beens like these guys: http://www.atgames.us/Retro-Console_c4.htm

honestly this seems really un-nintendo-like, they probably whipped this up in the last week just so that they'd have something on the market for christmas, and i guess low-effort appeals to nostalgia have always been cheap and effective as a strategy for nintendo lol

its 60 bucks i believe lol

C.Mongler

lmao can we start the voting process for 2017 boyah awards i want to nominate that tec post for 'most tec post'

Travis

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 14, 2016, 01:21:02 PM
lmao can we start the voting process for 2017 boyah awards i want to nominate that tec post for 'most tec post'
i nominate this one for "most mongler post"

C.Mongler

Quote from: Travis on July 14, 2016, 01:27:03 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 14, 2016, 01:21:02 PM
i nominate this one for "most mongler post"

i'd also like to nominate this one for 'most tec post'

strongbad

will be stoked if i can buy a standalone controller

also someone on reddit brought up the point that it's called:
"Nintendo Classic Mini: NES"
meaning that
"Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES" and maybe even n64 are totally possible

this is mostly cool so i can have a legit snes vc controller (not a fan of classic controller sadly)

TooB

Stand-alone controllers will be available.

$9.99

I'll get one for VC

strongbad

Quote from: Loto on July 14, 2016, 06:36:22 PM
Stand-alone controllers will be available.

$9.99

I'll get one for VC

fuk ya
ill take 2

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on July 14, 2016, 12:57:53 PM

this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_Flashback don't forget about this lol

C.Mongler

tech affectionados in their mid 20s aren't the target audience for a device targeted at nostalgic tech-deficiant 40-somethings, weeeeeirrrrrdd

Go Up