March 18, 2024, 10:15:59 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

cold brew v iced coffee

Started by ME##, June 05, 2016, 10:42:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

i've been reading up on it and sure it sounds nice, but the acidity that comes from iced coffee is just something i need in my life.

which do you guys prefer

silvertone

ME##

Quote from: SVT on June 05, 2016, 02:20:04 PM
I prefer prayer.
unfortunately prayer doesn't wake the mind like iced coffee does at three o'clock in the morning

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i had a cold brew coffee and im convinced its the 2nd biggest lie ever sold to the world, the first being taco salad

ME##

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on June 05, 2016, 07:12:59 PM
i had a cold brew coffee and im convinced its the 2nd biggest lie ever sold to the world, the first being taco salad
did it come in a mason jar

all of the pix of cold brew seem to be on mason jars and it's triggering me

strongbad

i like cold brew but i am too lazy to make it myself (although i should prob try)

ive been enjoying iced americanos a lot lately

silvertone

what is cold brew? just cold water  and coffee leaves?

YPrrrr

Huh I've been buying cold brew unsweetened lipton iced tea for ages this is a thing for coffee now huh?

strongbad

yeah you can make cold brew tea too
i think you just use a lot of tea and leave it steeping for ages in the fridge so it's kind of the same ideas as with the coffee actually

C.Mongler

i'm confused, i use cold brew for my iced coffee???? like do people actually just cool off some hot brew and then dump it in ice? that sounds fucking gross, like watered down shitty underwear

shit needs to be some sort of concentrate because ice MELTs and becomes WATER and then yer shits gonna be all watery, which is fine for a concentrate, but for regular brewed shit its just going to make it taste like watery mud

C.Mongler

*full disclosure, i like my coffee bold, thick, and dark because i am a man, and not some sort of child wishing to drink energy chocolate milke

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 06, 2016, 07:11:14 AM
i'm confused, i use cold brew for my iced coffee???? like do people actually just cool off some hot brew and then dump it in ice? that sounds fucking gross, like watered down shitty underwear

shit needs to be some sort of concentrate because ice MELTs and becomes WATER and then yer shits gonna be all watery, which is fine for a concentrate, but for regular brewed shit its just going to make it taste like watery mud

i actually thought it was super weird for a while but i've had a bunch where they do like a double espresso shot and with the ice and it is concentrated enough that it doesn't taste bad at all.
i couldnt imagine doing it with drip coffee or something though

C.Mongler

i mean espresso is a concentrate, so that's fine, but like regular drip or other methods that have an already high water percentage, why would u put MORE WATER

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 06, 2016, 08:04:25 AM
i mean espresso is a concentrate, so that's fine, but like regular drip or other methods that have an already high water percentage, why would u put MORE WATER
thats why you don't use shit coffe nerd face :|

C.Mongler

i mean the coffee being shit or not doesn't affect anything i was talking about  doodhuh;

Go Up