April 16, 2024, 06:13:17 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how are u w/ present nintendo dying

Started by 6M69I69B9, April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 11:26:29 PM
but banning innocuous discussions of one's coming out lest they be accused of promoting the gay agenda is not
Though with that they could have just been assuming that you were mocking or just trying to stir up trouble. Since probably already had a few hundred (or more given nsider's size and general maturity level) instances of it for those reasons. And that may have been coupled with any other black marks you had on your account. (Unless that was the first instance.)

Or not. Who knows?

don't let's

For me, Nintendo these days is okay, nothing spectacular, nothing to get excited about. Very much waning.

The only I've gotten excited about in recent years was the new Zelda game back when the trailer was released. But even then I knew better.

C.Mongler

i dont think nsider had any effect on their brand image whatsoever lol it was largely unknown to those who didn't post on it

Hiro

It's kinda weird because they have absolutely no games but the games they do release are generally p. good, kind of the opposite of the Wii era where Nintendo was putting stuff out regularly but most of it was super bland
I'm not too upset at no games this year because that will save me a lot of money and hopefully I'll be able to save up for a NX, since they've obviously shifted all development outside that lame Paper Mario.
Honestly my hope for next year is that Nintendo gets back to around Gamecube level, which seems reasonable. A decently-powered console that could at least get some third-party titles, and at least a couple releases a year that are genuinely great. I'm hoping they make a Mario game that feels fresh for once, or at least Sunshine 2 would be ballin'
Who knows if we'll ever get another F-Zero or Metroid, but Animal Crossing NX would hopefully/likely come out within the first year, and Splatoon was proof that they can still come up with good new IPs, so I'd like them to continue along that route.
So overall I feel okay with Nintendo because I still enjoy their games and the 3DS was/is great, but at this exact moment in their history they're kind of just in limbo

squirrelfriend

April 28, 2016, 08:46:37 AM #19 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:11:18 AM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: antmaster5000 on April 28, 2016, 01:22:02 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 10:56:28 PM
i felt like the nsider mods took their personal problems out on literal kids half the time however
like censoring the word "outsider" was such a weird move in a thinly veiled attempt to ban all discussion of that spinoff board
if i recall correctly it wasn't just outsider that was censored
it was any word that contained the string "outsid"

i think you are over estimating the effect that nsider had on overall nintendo sales
like, i personally think nsider was a great way to build hype and get nintendo fan kids drooling but in terms of the actual impact that it had i would imagine that it was minuscule
well the fact remains that it just wasn't good enough promo for those who heard of it and nintendo made the decision to shut down nsider because lithium is fucking expensive and opened the tech forums because it would have a lesser footprint. gee just look at the users making mass lame jokes and trolling badly. that isn't indicative of a good community, or positive feedback. that's considered negative feedback. nintendo probably banned half of those users to protect their brand image. so yes i still stand by my claim that it had did more harm than good. not whatever you are claiming

for the people who never heard of it however yes, it had nil effect.

squirrelfriend

April 28, 2016, 08:48:25 AM #20 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:23:31 AM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: ­̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅̅­ on April 28, 2016, 05:10:28 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 27, 2016, 11:26:29 PM
but banning innocuous discussions of one's coming out lest they be accused of promoting the gay agenda is not
Though with that they could have just been assuming that you were mocking or just trying to stir up trouble. Since probably already had a few hundred (or more given nsider's size and general maturity level) instances of it for those reasons. And that may have been coupled with any other black marks you had on your account. (Unless that was the first instance.)

Or not. Who knows?
i tried to appeal it but like LOL WE CAN'T HELP YOU
i think banning someone to prevent outrage is still bad moderation tbh
idk it wasn't even a post it was just a one-off comment i had in a chat thread or something
i didn't do anything particularly wrong tbh

C.Mongler

a forum for 12 year olds had strict, dumbass mods? weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdddddddddddddddddd

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 28, 2016, 09:31:25 AM
a forum for 12 year olds had strict, dumbass mods? weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirdddddddddddddddddd
well coppa says users have to be 13 unless one's parents send in a fax
idk how many parents would take up that offer after seeing that shithole

squirrelfriend

of course many of you probably lied about your ages to sign up i wouldn't be surprised

squirrelfriend

well it was a service of nintendo and it just left a bad taste in my mouth
like idk if it had the nintendo seal of quality on it
eta: it didn't lmfao

C.Mongler

idk if nintendo even has the nintendo seal of quality on it anymore tbh  doodthing;

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 28, 2016, 09:42:13 AM
idk if nintendo even has the nintendo seal of quality on it anymore tbh  doodthing;
did miitomo have a seal of approval maybe we should check

strongbad

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 28, 2016, 09:32:54 AM
well coppa says users have to be 13 unless one's parents send in a fax
idk how many parents would take up that offer after seeing that shithole

my dad did that so i could go on neopets lol

C.Mongler

i hardcore lied about my neopets age and now i can never access my account again to feed my starving pets who haven't eaten in almost a decade  saddood;

6M69I69B9

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2016, 02:09:26 AM
Quote from: the MIB the on April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
- despite the popularity for sm4sh, splatoon, and pokken, they don't even host their own fucking events jfc
Do a lot of other companies that make competitive games actually host their own events? For all three, Nintendo has hosted at least some limited events to build hype, but after launch they've left it to the fans to organize their own things. I think they sponsored at least one other Smash4 thing, maybe?

MKX was given a tourney hosted by CW, who is owned by Warner Bros. a few months ago.  Capcom has the pro tour for SFV.  All I know about. 

And for an unrelated note- at EVO 2015 Nintendo was literally the only one that did not give out any pot bonus for their games wtf and they had a great number of participants.  Even the lower participated games got a pot bonus.  It's not like we should be entitled to it, but definitely concerned about Nintendo's seemingly lack of interest in the fans & tournament participants compared to other companies.

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2016, 02:09:26 AM
Quote from: the MIB the on April 27, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
- no kyle hyde game wtfffff
Cing owned that, not Nintendo.

"Kyle Hyde’s story has not ended in myself, yet. However, we gave the right concerning Kyle Hyde to Nintendo as a publisher so I cannot make a new game featuring Kyle without any permission.

Having said that, I hope that I will be able to produce his story, which is still going on in myself, in some different way to be delivered to players." - former Cing vice president Rika Suzuki

source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/former_cing_vice_president_would_like_the_story_of_hotel_dusk_to_continue
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up