April 16, 2024, 01:26:39 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Show...Dot Dot Dot

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, April 16, 2016, 10:20:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

April 16, 2016, 10:20:22 PM Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:49:21 PM by Boogus Epirus Aurelius
Sure

Hiro

here's a video of my favorite show: https://vimeo.com/19393548
you can catch me in it for a brief moment, i'm in the white shirt in the back-right corner with my arms up @1:18
it was a house show in a small living room, crammed wall to wall with people, everyone was falling on each other, trying not to fall onto the drummer, crowd-surfing, 2nd loudest show I've been to. Went with a bunch of friends, my sister lost her shoe, it was excellent

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I've talked about it before, but maybe my favorite concert was No Age back in 2009. I had no idea about No Age but the people at Harvest records in ASheville told me to check em out. I boiught the tickets and hungout in front of the stage of The Grey Eagle. The Grey Eagle held maybe 100 people and the stage was to my knee. I placed myself front of the stage. I heard a guy behind me say "all these fuckin dorks wearing these glasses to this show are gonna regret it" or something and sure enough...as soon as the band hit their first note the crowd goes crazy. Someone knocks my glasses off my head. The glasses hit the stage and break in half. So I'm in the punk crowd, blind as a bat, with violent guitar noise hitting me from both sides. Totally sensory overload and it was phenomenal.

also worth noting was the DAvid Byrne/St. Vincent concert in Asheville. Everything I had hoped it would be. Dan Deacon in Asheville would be a close third.

Samus Aran

dude sid i'm jelly, no age is awesome and i'd love to see them live

my best show was probably either fidlar or flaming lips. fidlar was absolutely insane, continuous moshing for the entire show (including the opener, dune rats), and was just an absolute blast. great band, really funny guys, and god they put on one hell of a show. it was in the fairly small varsity theater near the U of M.

flaming lips was of course much more chill, but the lips always do a lot of silly things on stage and this was no exception. crazy outfits (wayne was wearing a suit made of tin foil, complete with a foil dick between his legs iirc), a "fuck yeah first avenue" giant balloon, wayne moving over the crowd in his usual ball, etc. but in addition to the usual antics, this happened to be a classic album show: they played the entirety of clouds taste metallic. it's great album on record already, but it's even better live. this show was in everyone's favorite mid-size downtown minneapolis venue, first avenue.

AAAAAAAA

Top three are the Replacements (Riot Fest, Coachella Weekend 2, and Portland). I mean Jesus Christ, could these guys still bring it. Hilarious too.

Hiro

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on April 17, 2016, 12:27:48 AM
dude sid i'm jelly, no age is awesome and i'd love to see them live
yeah thanks for ignoring my post kaz

Samus Aran

boy you posted a video link i didn't wanna click at the time and nowhere in your post did you actually say who you saw

silvertone

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on April 17, 2016, 12:36:47 AM
Top three are the Replacements (Riot Fest, Coachella Weekend 2, and Portland). I mean Jesus Christ, could these guys still bring it. Hilarious too.
you've seen the replacements? that's owns.

C.Mongler

i dunno there's so many

probably a diarrhea planet show tbh lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 17, 2016, 06:26:13 AM
i dunno there's so many

probably a diarrhea planet show tbh lol

uuuugh i wanna see them. the one chance i had, i had to miss them because of other plans

AAAAAAAA

I heard they're a blast!  n_u

Jokes aside, I'm going to see them in August at a festival. I guess I should give them a listen.

strongbad

@notsid that sounds sick

i've been to a good amount of shows but very few really resonate with me (sadly) but i think it's pretty dependent on who i'm with. that being said i saw Nosaj Thing and The XX (before i knew of either really) when i was a senior in hs and was with some of my best friends and it was super sick. I still love both artists to this day and it was one of those times where i was like "damn i'm so cool for being here" since i drove out of my suburb to a cool seattle venue to see them

although in terms of pure enjoyment it was probably at this shitty rave where i took some amazing mdma :(

C.Mongler

honestly i dont even like their records that much, but they are such a blast live, everyone is just rockin n havin a good time and thats what it's all about ya know

YPrrrr

Probably also at the Orpheum in Madison: Dropkick Murphys. So much energy and single and jumping it was fucking great. Most of the other concerts I've been to I didn't really care about the band to begin with or it just isn't a music style that gets your blood pumping or sounds better with more production (electronic shiz)

Really regret I didn't see Gogol Bordello when I had the chance

C.Mongler

OH the last time i saw Ceremony was really fucking good too, slammed n jammed and ross passed me the mic and everything

only bad thing was beer was spilt EVERYWHERE and so i fucking slipped while i was crusin' across the pit and landed flat on my back and for a brief moment i thought i died and then i realized i could move so i got up and then the pain washed over my body and i had to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the show, which was like 3 more songs which were still awesome, but still. my back still hasn't recovered and it's been almost a year lol

Go Up