March 28, 2024, 01:42:17 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

almost caved and bought a smartphone

Started by silvertone, April 16, 2016, 02:26:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

instead bought my old phone off of ebay. almost got suckeredd into paying more than 40 dollars a month just to call my mom. LOL.  figured mind as well make a thread about it.

squirrelfriend

don't let's

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

silvertone

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on April 16, 2016, 11:06:11 AM
How much do you pay a month, because if it's almost forty bucks I have news for you.
Click the spoiler for the news.

[move][spoiler]You're already a sucker[/spoiler][/move]
i pay 35

Thyme

i pay 55

[move][spoiler][/spoiler][/move]

squirrelfriend

i pay $50 for unlimited talk, text, and lte data for my iphoon

don't let's

I now pay $40 for unlimited everything. Throttled down to 2g speeds after 4gb though.

[Move][spoiler][/spoiler][/move]

squirrelfriend

i use more than 4 gb in a month because i watch tv a lot away from home

silvertone

i have unlimited talk + text but limited data but i'm on verizon so i always have service which is what i need most

squirrelfriend

i get service in the places i travel to and i don't really need coverage in west virginia since i won't travel there ever
the coverage is pretty consistent along the i-95 corridor now so i'm set
even in the boonie towns we used to live in

silvertone

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:22:03 PM
i get service in the places i travel to and i don't really need coverage in west virginia since i won't travel there ever
i had t mobile and i didnt have any service in most of the places i frequented and they werent even boonie towns.  now that i dont  fly have to drive across the country whenver i wanna go home it's ideal to have a phone w/ long battery life and good service for emegerncies (not htat i've ever needed it) or contacting internet ppl for meet ups .

when lawls and I traveled across the country he didnt hvae service for most of the time [he had tmobile] i always had muh bars.             

squirrelfriend

Quote from: SVT on April 17, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:22:03 PM
i had t mobile and i didnt have any service in most of the places i frequented and they werent even boonie towns.  now that i dont  fly have to drive across the country whenver i wanna go home it's ideal to have a phone w/ long battery life and good service for emegerncies (not htat i've ever needed it) or contacting internet ppl for meet ups .

when lawls and I traveled across the country he didnt hvae service for most of the time [he had tmobile] i always had muh bars.             
yeah the cross country coverage is still p. bad. i think they improved roaming though in the past year. and in serious emergencies, you should be able to dial 911 where there's any signal from any carrier. also prepaid phones are really cheap nowadays at the gas station if you really have to talk to family.
the wifi calling really helps with the coverage deadzones too additionally. but then i don't drive outside of the east coast so i've never experienced this.

Thyme

Quote from: Le Chapeau du Clavardage on April 17, 2016, 10:11:25 AM
i pay 55

unlimited talk and text

[move][spoiler]1gb data[/spoiler][/move]

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Le Chapeau du Clavardage on April 17, 2016, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: Le Chapeau du Clavardage on April 17, 2016, 10:11:25 AM
i pay 55

unlimited talk and text