April 24, 2024, 01:01:35 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

new Norse God of War???

Started by Mando Pandango, April 07, 2016, 02:02:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

i mean norse, cool

but kratos? are we sure that's kratos? doesn't look much like kratos to me it better not be fucking kratos

Thyme

Mando Pandango

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 07, 2016, 02:06:21 PM
i mean norse, cool

but kratos? are we sure that's kratos? doesn't look much like kratos to me it better not be fucking kratos
the shoulder/arm markings in the Yggdrasil picture pretty much confirm it, as well as him being mentioned by name in the concept art (check the GAF link in the article)

honestly though i'd rather just see the story start over again with a norse hero
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

ÞOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-kratos at the end of this game's cliff hanger þÞ

Mando Pandango

after like 5 minutes of research i've determined that it would be cool to play as Hermóðr

QuoteHermóðr ("war-spirit")[10] acts as Frigg's messenger after the death of Balder, sallying forth to Hel and attempting to secure the release of the beloved god.

Now when the gods had come to themselves, Frigg spake, and asked who there might be among the Æsir who would fain have for his own all her love and favor: let him ride the road to Hel, and seek if he may find Baldr, and offer Hel a ransom if she will let Baldr come home to Ásgard. And he is named Hermódr the Bold, Odin's son, who undertook that embassy.[11]

As seen above, he is described (at least in the Prose Edda) as the All-Father's son (or at least his servant). However, some evidence (not least the fact that "Snorri never mentions Hermod in his lists of the Aesir") suggests that he is a euhemerized human hero rather than a deity.[12]

ME##

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on April 07, 2016, 02:24:14 PM
after like 5 minutes of research i've determined that it would be cool to play as Hermóðr

QuoteHermóðr ("war-spirit")[10] acts as Frigg's messenger after the death of Balder, sallying forth to Hel and attempting to secure the release of the beloved god.

Now when the gods had come to themselves, Frigg spake, and asked who there might be among the Æsir who would fain have for his own all her love and favor: let him ride the road to Hel, and seek if he may find Baldr, and offer Hel a ransom if she will let Baldr come home to Ásgard. And he is named Hermódr the Bold, Odin's son, who undertook that embassy.[11]

As seen above, he is described (at least in the Prose Edda) as the All-Father's son (or at least his servant). However, some evidence (not least the fact that "Snorri never mentions Hermod in his lists of the Aesir") suggests that he is a euhemerized human hero rather than a deity.[12]

great, now there's going to be a bunch of shithead people who call him her mo dor

TooB

Kratos is a boring character now.
After 5-6 games of him yelling,  it's time for a new angle

Or they could do ANOTHER PREQUEL about kratos

Hiro

ME##

kratos was boring the second he didn't die after falling from mons olympus

YPrrrr

Dammit on NSider a long time ago I basically wrote the premise for the god of war games but it was with Egyptian gods instead of Greek or Norse

Where's my check

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 07, 2016, 05:08:43 PM
Dammit on NSider a long time ago I basically wrote the premise for the god of war games but it was with Egyptian gods instead of Greek or Norse

Where's my check
and when I was like 11 I came up with the designs for clothes the Foongus and Hydreigon lines of Pokemon. Shit happens.

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on April 07, 2016, 04:18:54 PM
kratos was boring after II
agreed

squirrelfriend

i invented shitposting
also like should i get into god of war at all? is it a good series or is it antiquated by modern standards?

Samus Aran

even if the new protagonist is basically kratos at least give him a new name that fits with the mythology

and i do not like the idea of co-existing/regional mythologies just so the existing kratos has an excuse to kill more gods

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 07, 2016, 10:55:57 PM
i invented shitposting
also like should i get into god of war at all? is it a good series or is it antiquated by modern standards?

even the first god of war is by no means antiquated. they kept the exact same mechanics for the entire franchise for a good reason - they got it down perfectly the first time

in fact, really, even if you don't play any of the other games, at least play the first game. unless you don't like action games i guess.

C.Mongler

yeah if u like action games they are pretty dope

Go Up