March 19, 2024, 03:09:14 AM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recipe Book

Started by reeper, March 27, 2016, 09:48:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

March 27, 2016, 09:48:53 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:57:35 PM by reefer
Add your recipes here!  giggle;

Ramen Soup and Acorn Curry added by Strongbad007

reeper

Quote from: … on March 27, 2016, 09:51:31 PM
canada dry
Sorry ninja edited thread to be recipes now. Now eating/drinking thread already existed.

strongbad

Quote from: reefer on March 27, 2016, 09:48:53 PM
Add your recipes here!  giggle;

oh man that was so fucking good

Snowy

strongbad

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on April 10, 2016, 04:02:11 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 27, 2016, 09:48:53 PM
Add your recipes here!  giggle;

I actually made this!
Turned out great. I've actually made the squash on its own a few times since.

oh sick dude yeah the caramelized pork and squash are phenomenal

silvertone

this thread is for recipes only, food talk can go in it's own thread.

Joice

this thread needs to be updated

anyway, homemade copy cat red lobster cheddar biscuits because i hate red lobster but their biscuits are bomb. super easy to make and rly good with cheddar broccoli soup or whatever you want

Serves about 10 biscuits, prep time ~10 minutes, bake time ~10-12 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 or 2 teaspoons garlic powder (i usually add 1 or 1 1/2 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

FOR THE TOPPING:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional. i usually leave out the garlic powder from the topping, the biscuit already tastes garlic-y enough)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese.
4. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
6. Serve immediately.

silvertone

the betty crocker beef stroganoff is good but i recommend adding white wine and mustard powder 2 it

Joice

i made this 7-UP pound cake for new year's and it was the bomb ass digity. Super easy to make too  giggle;

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tablespoons lemon extract
1 cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage (such as 7Up®)

(Optional. I find that this glaze makes the cake a little too sweet so I just sift a bit of powdered sugar on the top instead)
Glaze:
1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Generously grease** a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).

2. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth; add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir flour, 1 cup at a time, blending well after each addition until batter is smooth; stir in lemon extract.

3. Mix lemon-lime beverage into batter and pour into the prepared pan.

4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan immediately.

5. If using glaze, beat confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium until glaze is smooth. Pour glaze over warm cake.

**I mean like really grease that shit up otherwise the cake will stick to the pan and it will be no bueno. Use lots of butter and flour.

rdl

February 08, 2017, 04:17:30 PM #9 Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:22:54 PM by ADX
(green) lentil soup

ingredients:
about 1lb of lentils, i prefer green, yellow is ok but softer
cut up 1 tomato,
1 jalapeno if your stomach can take it,
like 7 stalks of cilantro.

directions:
then you put that in water, boil it for god like over half an hour.
add like a tsp of turmeric, not too much or your bo will smell like indian immigrant,
and maybe a couple tsp of red chili, to taste.

so boil that, then get another saucepan,
put about a tbsp and a half of oil in it,
heat the oil but dont burn it,
and then add like a quarter of an onion cut into slices.

stir the onions until they go golden, dont let them burn.
add garlic+ginger paste.
maybe add a dried red chili or two to add some heat.

then with quickness, grab the boiled lentils, dump them into the oil pan, be careful not to burn your hands or your face cause youre doing chemistry now it's going to explode in your face,
then put the lid on as fast as you can and let it sit.

oh and add salt at some point, to taste. i usually do it after because i never put enough.

authentic indo/pakistani recipe, passed down from my mummy

Socks

i keep reading this as rape boo on the index page. change the fucking title please

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

the mind sees what it wants to see

Hiro

what the fuck is wrong with you socks

rdl

April 26, 2017, 08:05:54 AM #13 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:26:48 AM by ADX
someone needs to add a focking new recipe in this here thread

heres one i found in a slack group. there were pics but i have no pic. and he wrote it out very nondescriptly. its for ramen.

Add a cup of boiling water to the dried mushrooms and wait like 15m

Take the mushrooms out, reserve the water and add in some soy sauce, salt, pepper, seasame oil, miso paste and some red pepper flakes

Then you cook whatever veggies you want / meat / softboil an egg

Slice up the shiitake mushrooms, add them to the veggies / meats and then cook a normal packet of ramen, throw away the seasoning and when it's like 50% done toss half the water and add the miso / mushroom broth. Bring to a boil, finish cooking and add veggies / meats.

Garnish with a bit of green onion and seasame seeds

C.Mongler

here's a new recipe

Bagel

Ingredients

• Bagel

• (Optional)Butter, Cream Cheese

Direction:
1. Cut Bagel in half
2. Eat Bagel
3. (Optional) For even wilder results, put bagel in a high heat toaster oven for 4-5 minutes. Additionally you could add some butter or cream cheese for additional flavors

Go Up