It's been about 13 months since the US release of the New 3DS XL

Started by Daddy, March 23, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Snowy

The original DS is cool but every other revision of it has been leagues better.

C.Mongler

yeah yer a damn buffoon if ya dont think the dsi wasnt the best iteration of the ds lol shits so cash minus maybe the battery life

Snowy

The dsi was my favorite one. Best formfactor and it just looked nice.

C.Mongler

Snowy

Even the white ones had a matte finish so you could clean then super easily.

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2016, 08:34:42 AM
yeah yer a damn buffoon if ya dont think the dsi wasnt the best iteration of the ds lol shits so cash minus maybe the battery life
I'd say DSi is maybe in general the best DS, but it has two big limitations that make me believe DS Lite is still worth having: no GBA slot (some DS games use it) and region lock.

Original DS is completely pointless ever since the DS Lite released. It's bulky, has poor screens, awful touch accuracy, fragile shoulder buttons, loose hinge, worse speakers, bad stylus holder, tiny stylus, worse battery life, awful headphone jack placement, and a case design that seems to trap dust and dirt forever in the gaps and screen edges. I can't imagine why anybody would prefer it to any other DS model.

TooB

The only thing I preffered the original ds over the lite was the dpad.
For whatever reason, the dpad was better for me for games like contra 4 where I have to use diagonal inputs often.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2016, 06:24:13 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 24, 2016, 06:50:38 PM
imo the original ds is infinitely better (except when it came to zelda) but maybe i'm just a nostalgia whore

are you talking about this monstrosity?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

because EUGHHH

i mean the original ds line in general, of which the ds lite is my favorite for functionality reasons

[spoiler]

but the actual original model reserves a special place in my heart cry;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on March 25, 2016, 11:05:28 AM
The only thing I preffered the original ds over the lite was the dpad.
For whatever reason, the dpad was better for me for games like contra 4 where I have to use diagonal inputs often.

yeah the lite has a slightly worse d pad and face buttons than either the grey brick or the dsi models lol

don't let's

imo the original ds is infinitely better (except when it came to zelda) but maybe i'm just a nostalgia whore

because EUGHHH
Best prototype ever

don't let's

I want a resurrection of the game boy line but I'm not sure that they would drop having screens  at this point.

And there would be a break in backwards compatibility.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: bluaki on March 25, 2016, 10:55:38 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2016, 08:34:42 AM
I'd say DSi is maybe in general the best DS, but it has two big limitations that make me believe DS Lite is still worth having: no GBA slot (some DS games use it) and region lock.

Original DS is completely pointless ever since the DS Lite released. It's bulky, has poor screens, awful touch accuracy, fragile shoulder buttons, loose hinge, worse speakers, bad stylus holder, tiny stylus, worse battery life, awful headphone jack placement, and a case design that seems to trap dust and dirt forever in the gaps and screen edges. I can't imagine why anybody would prefer it to any other DS model.

lol i bought the original ds

i just hate that gba carts stick out on the dslite and plus nostalgia values
i have no problem with it lol

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: … on March 25, 2016, 08:48:10 PM
[spoiler]

because EUGHHH
[/spoiler]Best prototype ever

[spoiler=that honor goes to this beauty][/spoiler]

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on March 26, 2016, 12:04:12 AM
Quote from: … on March 25, 2016, 08:48:10 PM
[spoiler]

because EUGHHH
[/spoiler]Best prototype ever

[spoiler=that honor goes to this beauty][/spoiler]
I should not have looked.

Although, it's not too far off.

Go Up