April 18, 2024, 10:04:21 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ace Attorney and other VN/Adventure Games

Started by bluaki, March 05, 2016, 10:21:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: the MIB the on September 16, 2016, 04:05:12 PM
Quote from: bluaki on September 16, 2016, 03:36:17 PM
Chase: Cold Case Investigations Distant Memories will release in the US on October 13 2016.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/16/chase-cold-case-investigations-distant-memories-will-released-october-13-2016/

also, Amazon still hasn't shipped my physical copy of Zero Time Dilemma
YES!  Will definitely be getting that- thanks for sharing. 

and rip, just searching the game on bing, i see an article of a preorder disaster for it lol
oh yeah. I should consider myself lucky that my pre-order went through with as little of a hitch as it could have

bluaki

Capcom announed another Ace Attorney game today: Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2. It's the sequel to a game that came out last year which will never be localized, continuing the adventures of Wright's ancestor (Naruhodou Ryuunosuke) and Sherlock Holmes during the Victorian era.

All it got was a teaser trailer, which doesn't even confirm that 3DS is the platform getting this game. There's no actual gameplay footage yet.

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/great-ace-attorney-2-announced

bluaki

Capcom announced that they're releasing Apollo Justice HD this winter (in the US) on both iOS and Android.

They've previously ported the original trilogy and Dual Destinies (Ace Attorney 5) to iOS, but this is the first time Ace Attorney will reach Android for people outside of Japan.

Also, Chase releases this Thursday.

bluaki

Chase is a really short game, with just one case that lasts about 90 minutes, and it definitely seems like something that would be episodic although no sequels have been announced yet.

Just today, I played another short 3DS eShop game: Parascientific Escape, which is an escape-room game that's a lot like 999 (...even down to the premise and plot twists) but simpler. I liked it.

6M69I69B9

OMG!  I FORGOT.

Will be downloading it right now...
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

October 16, 2016, 02:18:02 AM #65 Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:32:26 AM by the MIB the
Music definitely has a Hotel Dusk & Last Window touch to it- I mean I shouldn't be so surprised because it's the same guy- but I've been longing (not as long as other fans since I finished both like half a year ago) for this.  

I truly want to savor this game no matter how short it is...

Edit: Also, is it just me or sometimes the dialogue goes to the next excerpt without pressing A?  My N3DS may be a bit damaged so I'd like to hear some feedback...
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

bluaki

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/zero-escape-nonary-games-announced-ps4-ps-vita
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/zero-escape-nonary-games-also-coming-pc

The first two Zero Escape games, 999 (originally on DS) and VLR (originally 3DS/Vita) are coming to a new remaster bundle on PS4, Vita, and Steam in Spring 2017 (in US). The bundle is called Zero Escape: The Nonary Games. It's getting a physical release too.

VLR is presumably just a port (or completely unchanged in the Vita bundle), but it may have minor not-yet-announced tweaks.

The new 999 remaster included in this bundle is heavily changed. Thanks to not being on DS anymore, the visuals are drastically improved in quality. They also added voice acting (in both Japanese and English) to 999, which until now was the only Zero Escape game without voices. There are UI changes too including the addition of a flow chart.

Considering Spike Chunsoft was listed by Nintendo as one of their third-party partners for Switch, I'd expect this to come to Switch too. There's no word yet on a PS4 port of Zero Time Dilemma (currently 3DS/Vita/PC). Once this is out, both Vita and PC will have all three Zero Escape games. 3DS kinda already does thanks to backwards compatibility, but this remaster probably won't reach it.

TooB

Since it's not on a dual-screen, I wonder how well they'll handle the [spoiler]end of the game where you control Akane. With the dual-screen, it was really cool how they showed her on the bottom, and the puzzle on the top.[/spoiler]

in any case, I'm sure its not a big deal, and I do want this pretty much only for the upgraded 999.

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on October 31, 2016, 07:33:52 PM
Since it's not on a dual-screen, I wonder how well they'll handle the [spoiler]end of the game where you control Akane. With the dual-screen, it was really cool how they showed her on the bottom, and the puzzle on the top.[/spoiler]

in any case, I'm sure its not a big deal, and I do want this pretty much only for the upgraded 999.
They'll probably take away that particular use of the dual-screen mechanic. You can't turn your TV upside-down.

They might put the bottom screen's narration at the top of the screen or something like that to separate it from the dialogue.

You can see some screenshots at the Gematsu articles I linked and some others on the Steam Store page for The Nonary Games, but they don't show anything about that.

[spoiler=actual spoilers]In case you didn't notice, the bottom screen actually represents young Akane's perspective and thoughts throughout all the story sections; she is the narrator[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on October 31, 2016, 07:46:30 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on October 31, 2016, 07:33:52 PM

They'll probably take away that particular use of the dual-screen mechanic. You can't turn your TV upside-down.

They might put the bottom screen's narration at the top of the screen or something like that to separate it from the dialogue.

You can see some screenshots at the Gematsu articles I linked and some others on the Steam Store page for The Nonary Games, but they don't show anything about that.

[spoiler=actual spoilers]In case you didn't notice, the bottom screen actually represents young Akane's perspective and thoughts throughout all the story sections; she is the narrator[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Right, and that's why I really liked they way they handled it. Again, I'm sure it will be fine.[/spoiler]
and speaking of tv, I'd probably get this on vita anyway, because I'm just not to keen on sitting through a visual novel on my TV. I like to kick back and lay in bed when I play these games.

bluaki

Steins Gate 0 releases today in North America on PS4 and Vita. Europe already got it on Friday.

As far as games releasing today on PS4 go, of course, it's completely overshadowed. Within this genre, at least, it's unusual and neat for a VN to actually officially release in English before its impending anime airs.

Go Up