April 19, 2024, 11:00:34 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

games that are "good" but are actually like REALLY GOOD

Started by strongbad, February 12, 2016, 10:47:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

ME##

TooB

I have a weird example.
I heard blazblue was supposed to be good, but when I first played it, I was underwhelmed

It took a few more times, and now it's in my top fighting games

Hiro

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 14, 2016, 04:27:24 AM
I need to play it period I hear it's really good

However I don't like how you get better each time you die. Makes it feel kind of cheap
You don't get much better, and it's up to chance as to what class you'll get to be each time, so that puts a good spin on it. Also you die CONSTANTLY so if no progress carried through the game would be p. frustrating.

strongbad

Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 15, 2016, 05:25:25 AM

However I don't like how you get better each time you die. Makes it feel kind of cheap
You don't get much better, and it's up to chance as to what class you'll get to be each time, so that puts a good spin on it. Also you die CONSTANTLY so if no progress carried through the game would be p. frustrating.

my favorite games are the ones where you die constantly lol
actually stops being frustrating when you form the right perspective of the game being a learning experience with winning being a distant goal

though i've had some deaths in nethack where i had to put the game down for a week or two because i was so mad

Mando Pandango

that's the whole point tho. the whole game is built around that mechanic.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

TooB

Quote from: antmaster5000 on February 15, 2016, 09:30:27 PM
Quote from: ʜɨɍɵ҈҈ on February 15, 2016, 05:25:25 AM

my favorite games are the ones where you die constantly lol
actually stops being frustrating when you form the right perspective of the game being a learning experience with winning being a distant goal

though i've had some deaths in nethack where i had to put the game down for a week or two because i was so mad
Have you ever played Izuna Legend of the Unemployed Ninja?
I bet you would like it, it's totally a roguelike, but amine

strongbad

i've heard good things! i'd like to check it out when i have my DS again
according to the wiki page there is no perma death
no thx

also very related: they just announced a new shiren the wanderer coming to PS vita giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up