March 28, 2024, 01:23:41 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

worst mario game?

Started by Thyme, January 12, 2016, 02:45:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Whyme on January 13, 2016, 02:21:25 PM
genuine don't know where you got that consensus from lol

literally in the bottom 5ish of every 'RANK THE MARIO GAMES' lists i just read on google lol

Hiro

any NSMB game
if we're only counting "main series" or something (though at this point its hard to define what that is) I'm not a huge fan of the first Galaxy

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: ƕɾο on February 06, 2016, 01:57:00 PM
if we're only counting "main series" or something (though at this point its hard to define what that is) I'm not a huge fan of the first Galaxy

oof this was a bad post

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on June 30, 2018, 01:40:24 AM
Quote from: ƕɾο on February 06, 2016, 01:57:00 PM

oof this was a bad post

it's about as close to objectively wrong as a subjective post can be lol

Hiro

i stand by it lol
2 is a huge upgrade though

TooB

"huge upgrade" from a game most consider to be basically an expansion pack

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 21, 2018, 01:32:40 AM
i stand by it lol
2 is a huge upgrade though

you're going to have to explain what makes galaxy 1 so bad, and what makes

Quote from: Big Goop on July 21, 2018, 09:23:36 AM
a game most consider to be basically an expansion pack

so much better lol

Hiro

I never said Mario Galaxy was bad, but I found most of the levels kinda dull and uninteresting, the music was just okay, and Mario's movement felt a little weird to me.
SMG2 had way better levels and a fresher coat of paint
but again I would just rather play SMB 1, 2, and 3, SMW, 64, Sunshine, SMG2, 3D World, or Odyssey over Galaxy.

YPrrrr

Yeah the gravity on planets in Mario Galaxy felt bad to me. Like something from a 3d sonic game

bluaki

Of the 3D platformers, I'd say Super Mario 64. A lot of people have crazy amounts of nostalgia for it but imo the physics and movement and camera absolutely don't hold up to every single Mario game since then, no matter how much you like glitch abuse like clipping through everything and building speed for 12 hours. Super Mario Galaxy 2 gives us a taste of what SM64 (Whomp Fortress) in a modern engine would be like and it's so much better. SM64DS tried but is fatally limited by the lack of analogue stick which ruins it.

In 2D I'd say SMB2J/LostLevels for the same reason as Kaz. I haven't played any of the Mario Land games. I actually like the NSMB series, especially 1 and U.

There's no way I can pick the worst spinoff. I skipped a ton of them. Maybe Hotel Mario? It's not like I've played it but it's so notorious.

Quote from: YPargh on July 22, 2018, 01:32:09 PMYeah the gravity on planets in Mario Galaxy felt bad to me. Like something from a 3d sonic game
c Adventure 2 does have a weird celestial gravity mechanic in just one level: Mad Space (Rouge). It's really bad. Sonic Lost World sorta imitates Galaxy in a much better way, but I don't think any of the other 3D Sonic games mess with gravity other than switches that change gravity's direction and sometimes jumping higher.

I like Galaxy's gravity, but Galaxy 2 definitely toned down on how many levels use it.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on July 22, 2018, 10:13:54 PMOf the 3D platformers, I'd say Super Mario 64. A lot of people have crazy amounts of nostalgia for it but imo the physics and movement and camera absolutely don't hold up to every single Mario game since then, no matter how much you like glitch abuse like clipping through everything and building speed for 12 hours. Super Mario Galaxy 2 gives us a taste of what SM64 (Whomp Fortress) in a modern engine would be like and it's so much better. SM64DS tried but is fatally limited by the lack of analogue stick which ruins it.

In 2D I'd say SMB2J/LostLevels for the same reason as Kaz. I haven't played any of the Mario Land games. I actually like the NSMB series, especially 1 and U.

There's no way I can pick the worst spinoff. I skipped a ton of them. Maybe Hotel Mario? It's not like I've played it but it's so notorious.

Quote from: YPargh on July 22, 2018, 01:32:09 PMYeah the gravity on planets in Mario Galaxy felt bad to me. Like something from a 3d sonic game
c Adventure 2 does have a weird celestial gravity mechanic in just one level: Mad Space (Rouge). It's really bad. Sonic Lost World sorta imitates Galaxy in a much better way, but I don't think any of the other 3D Sonic games mess with gravity other than switches that change gravity's direction and sometimes jumping higher.

I like Galaxy's gravity, but Galaxy 2 definitely toned down on how many levels use it.
Yep Mad Space is the one I was thinking of. Drives me crazy. Mario Galaxy felt the same way to me. MG2 looked better because it seemed to have a lot more levels where youre on a plane vs a sphere but I never played it

C.Mongler

i should give yoshi's island a second chance tbh

Go Up