do any of u nerds use mechanical keyboards

Started by strongbad, January 10, 2016, 12:22:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 27, 2016, 06:12:21 PM
eh im sure it feels great but it looks kinda ugly
It's not like I had many options lol

I had go to through a "state approved vendor" and pick from their inventory which was like 14 different models, most of which were even worse (full backlight keyboard, stupid gaming shit, etc  or no NUMPAD).

If I was allowed to buy directly from amazon I'd probably grab the one I have at home or get a DAS.

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on May 30, 2016, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 27, 2016, 06:12:21 PM
eh im sure it feels great but it looks kinda ugly
It's not like I had many options lol

I had go to through a "state approved vendor" and pick from their inventory which was like 14 different models, most of which were even worse (full backlight keyboard, stupid gaming shit, etc  or no NUMPAD).

If I was allowed to buy directly from amazon I'd probably grab the one I have at home or get a DAS.

yeah i'd take what i can get lol
i'm hoping i can snag this one from a store today
http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky-mini/

strongbad

ventured to a reputable store today and tried out some models
they had a ducky shine but i think i'm going to hold off until i can find a ducky mini

definitely want blue switches, too. got to experiment with a bunch of different ones as opposed to just looking at them online and yes i want the loud ass ones.

strongbad

Finally snagged a nice keyboard! Was looking for either a Ducky Mini or a Pok3r (wanted a 60%) and was planning on importing if I couldn't find one. After checking a few recommended shops in the urban jungle that is bangkok I found a Ducky Mini Year of the Horse with Blue Cherry MX switches for 6000 baht (or $170 usd, about the price of importing a non YotH model)

It feels amazing and I am quite happy with it. It was a fun little treasure hunt searching around Bangkok.

http://www.duckychannel.com.tw/en/ducky_year_of_the_horse/

squirrelfriend

i don't like some of those secondary key mappings
it's not very anglocentric

strongbad

what do you mean by that?
i changed cap lock to another Fn key and made Esc the default and not Fn. Kinda nice that they provided extra keycaps for those preferences. The caps to Fn is great since now I can function with either hand.

the keyboard mouse control is kinda weird but it is nice for my current setup since i'm trying to use the mouse as minimally as possible. the arrow keys as fn are kind of weird especially since i use vim arrows for everything else (so j is left instead of h) but not a huge deal

so far i am quite pleased but i think im going to buy new keycaps since mine have unnecessary thai characters on them next to the english ones.

squirrelfriend

the home row shouldn't be mapped to ANYTHING
not really gaming friendly with no dedicated arrow keys or function keys
you have to use fn to use fucking escape? or i see you changed caps lock to like accommodate this but CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL 4 COOL

Daddy

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 04, 2016, 05:10:08 AM
what shit games support arrows but not wasd?

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on June 05, 2016, 09:28:53 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 04, 2016, 05:10:08 AM
what shit games support arrows but not wasd?

C.Mongler

i havent touched the arrow keys on my keyboard ever

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 06, 2016, 07:13:18 AM
i havent touched the arrow keys on my keyboard ever
they're nice for Boyah awards spread sheets

silvertone

arrow keys suck cos i try scrolling with them but every web page is designed like ass an I hit left / right and it takes me to the next article. fuck keyboard shortcuts

Go Up