April 16, 2024, 04:07:08 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

learn2code

Started by strongbad, December 10, 2015, 07:24:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

hi boyah
i've had a lot of free time lately and figured i should be doing something productive with it (have been reading and playing vidya at record >.< )

i've spent a few hours going through codecademy for python and i'm really enjoying it. the actual learning seems okay and definitely seems like it will serve as a thorough introduction by the time i have finished it rather than providing a comprehensive understanding of the language

for those of you who know how to program computer devices, what worked for you? how did u learn? what language(s) would you recommend?

i don't really have an end goal but maybe making a video game could be cool

strongbad

finished codecademy and while it was mildly entertaining it didn't feel helpful except for basic syntax, especially towards the end

started Learn Python the Hard Way the other day. Right now i'm going through the "command line crash course" or something and it is so awesome. Shit i've always been really curious about that i've never bothered to learn. After finishing half of the crash course i was actually able to fix a problem that i've been having with a corrupted sources.list file that i decided to stop annoying bluaki about through PMs :)

shit's fun, though

silvertone

if you got aim u should msg dallas about it

Daddy

I need adderall because I want to pick up coding again just because I haven't done any "real" programming outside of quick scripts since May 2012 but haven't been able to focus on getting it done.

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on January 11, 2016, 08:54:57 AM
I need adderall because I want to pick up coding again just because I haven't done any "real" programming outside of quick scripts since May 2012 but haven't been able to focus on getting it done.

god adderall would make me fly through this shit. have basically had that thought since day one

strongbad

about half way through learn python the hard way and i'm really liking it
for a while it was just a review from codecademey (with much better instruction) and i'm really loving how much DIY there is

on ex 36 right now and for my "homework" i'm writing a simple simulation game about becoming a super smash bros melee master where you have to balance your money, time, and morale
pretty fun stuff

Go Up