April 23, 2024, 12:25:49 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

breaking: nintendo shits out yet another zelda """remake"""

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, October 13, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will Zelda U ever actually come to Wii U?

Yes, exclusively
1 (10%)
Yes, but it will be a watered-down port of the superior NX version
5 (50%)
No, it will be an NX exclusive
4 (40%)
It will never see the light of day on any platform
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Loto on January 29, 2016, 10:27:26 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 10:18:09 AM
i mean you just described an hd remaster in a nutshell yes  doodhuh;
it's pretty much all they did with WW.

Yes, WWHD added some things, and made some things better, but do we know for a fact that TPHD won't either?

we don't! in fact, there's rumors that they're changing the teardrop sections slightly (because they fucking sucked)

TooB

also, the "spoilers" don't really matter as far as I'm concerned.
Unless you've played the game, you're not gonna have any idea who the chick is in the top-left corner.

As for Ganon being there, well, that's like a Dr. Wily situation there.

I'm aware there are a couple of games that don't have Ganon, but come on, he's the series antagonist.

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 10:32:44 AM

Yes, WWHD added some things, and made some things better, but do we know for a fact that TPHD won't either?

we don't! in fact, there's rumors that they're changing the teardrop sections slightly (because they fucking sucked)
yeah, from what I hear though, they're only making them shorter. But I suppose we wait to see eh?

I'm sure there will be other little tweaks to make the overall gameplay better though

C.Mongler

Quote from: Loto on January 29, 2016, 10:34:16 AM

yeah, from what I hear though, they're only making them shorter. But I suppose we wait to see eh?

I'm sure there will be other little tweaks to make the overall gameplay better though

i mean sans removing or reworking those sections of the game entirely (which would be kind of insane from a development standpoint), shortening them is 100% the best solution.

also this game is nearly a decade old, i dont really think it's a spoiler anymore to imply ganondorf is in it somewhere lol he always is, as u said

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 29, 2016, 10:36:13 AM
Quote from: Loto on January 29, 2016, 10:34:16 AM

i mean sans removing or reworking those sections of the game entirely (which would be kind of insane from a development standpoint), shortening them is 100% the best solution.

also this game is nearly a decade old, i dont really think it's a spoiler anymore to imply ganondorf is in it somewhere lol he always is, as u said
then again, people still complain about spoiling that Aeris dies. That game is nearly 20 years old!

also, yes, I can't really think of any other way to improve the tear thing, unless, like you said, they completely change it.

like in WWHD, all they did to make the triforce collecting better, was shorten it.

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

Gameplay changes:

- The Wii U GamePad will let you view the game's map and transform into Wolf Link with just a single touch, speeding up the transition.
- There's a new Ghost Lantern item which will glow when Poe Souls are nearby, making this lengthy sidequest easier.
- There are now 12 Tears of Light to collect in each area, down from 16, again making this quicker.
- Rupees will no longer remain in a treasure chest if your wallet is too full to pick them up
- Wallets have been modified to hold more Rupees to accommodate this
- Hero Mode is now available from the start. Link will take double damage and no health-replenishing hearts will appear in the world. Dungeons are also mirrored.
- Dozens of Miiverse stamps have now been hidden in chests around the world.

TooB

Hmmm. Sounds like just about as much effort as wwhd....

Kalahari Inkantation

basic gameplay and quality-of-life bandaids that take an unpaid intern two minutes to program and no other substantial changes, just like wwhd

i guess it's true that if i squint hard enough, i might now think it was released just seven years ago instead of ten

[spoiler]

tp deserves better than this lol awdood;[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

February 05, 2016, 06:44:04 AM #114 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:51:20 AM by C.Mongler
lol i was wondering where tec was

[spoiler]it's still a shitty game, this is exactly what it "deserves" lmao; easily the worst 3d zelda[/spoiler]

Hiro

yeah TP kinda sucked but I'm willing to get it another try, the only thing I'm looking forward to about this version is it shouldn't be as unbearably muddy as the Wii version
also having the game be non-mirrored will be nice

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

It's not like Nintendo made the Gamecube version easily obtainable. :'(

don't let's

C.Mongler

yeah so i just got to the twinmold fight in the majora's mask 3dsmake, and i can now confidently say I'm 100% glad that nintendo is not changing TP at all because THEY WOULD TOTALLY JUST FUCK IT UP AND MAKE IT WORSE

spoilers if for some reason you're 20 years late to the majora'as mask party

but yeah what the fuck did they do to the twinmold fight, it used to be one of my favorite fights in 3d zeldas and now its a piece of action game esque horseshit. why are there quick time events now? why is there no indication that you're even doing damage to the son of a bitch. ughhhh i fucking hated playing through that they made it such a frustrating fight that i literally had to google how to complete because YOU WONT FUCKING GET THE 'PRESS A TO CHOKE SLAM" PROMPTS IF YOU ARE GOD DAMN Z TARGETTING. YOU KNOW, THE THING YOU DO CONSTANTLY IN THESE GAMES

Go Up