April 24, 2024, 04:40:22 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The sorry state of gaming

Started by reeper, October 03, 2015, 10:07:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: Tectron on October 29, 2015, 03:41:35 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/zelda_fans_vent_anger_at_nintendo_of_america_over_doge_memes_in_tri_force_heroes

i lol'd

People are unhappy about this? Umm...okay. I mean, I wouldn't like it if it's overused, but I like it when Nintendo games include some small, cheeky reference to current, popular trends. It just goes to show how up-to-date the Treehouse is and how clever they can be with their writing. This reference was certainly harmless, and since Tri Force Heroes is a game with an already over-the-top plot, it would be expected that little nods like this are included.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: David on October 29, 2015, 03:47:24 PM
i find it funny that a lot of the bad will toward zelda started with tp but it didn't start seeping into the review scores until wwhd

you're (rightfully) forgetting about the infamous ds games

they sit at 90 and 87, some of the first original zelda games to ever score so poorly

ME##

Quote from: hamfusk on October 29, 2015, 03:48:26 PM
Quote from: Tectron on October 29, 2015, 03:41:35 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/10/zelda_fans_vent_anger_at_nintendo_of_america_over_doge_memes_in_tri_force_heroes

i lol'd

People are unhappy about this? Umm...okay. I mean, I wouldn't like it if it's overused, but I like it when Nintendo games include some small, cheeky reference to current, popular trends. It just goes to show how up-to-date the Treehouse is and how clever they can be with their writing. This reference was certainly harmless, and since Tri Force Heroes is a game with an already over-the-top plot, it would be expected that little nods like this are included.
smh fam some nintendo apologist is pretty much giving me this same excuse and

'nintendo fans complained about nintendo not making culturally relevant games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Thyme

silvertone

Quote from: Tectron on October 29, 2015, 03:50:55 PM
i find it funny that a lot of the bad will toward zelda started with tp but it didn't start seeping into the review scores until wwhd

they sit at 90 and 87, some of the first original zelda games to ever score so poorly
ALBW was the only good ds/3ds zelda game

Kalahari Inkantation

just fam my shit up

Quote from: hamfusk on October 29, 2015, 04:00:18 PM
Quote from: Tectron on October 29, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

ALBW was the only good ds/3ds zelda game

i don't doubt that this is true at all, although i have yet to play albw myself

though i intend to soon, i need to put my '''new''' 3ds to good use

ME##

TooB

C.Mongler

lmao that looks like exactly the quality you'd expect from a shaq fu title

Thyme

Go Up