The Only Vestige of Happiness at the Sorry Company of Sony: PlayStation 4

Started by ME##, August 04, 2015, 03:31:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Nyerp

bluaki

Oh yeah, so I bought a PS4 Pro at launch. I'm probably the only person here who has or even plans to get it, right?

I just needed to get a PS4 around now and decided (hesitantly) that it's probably better to get Pro than the Slim/Original. I'm still not sure about that decision. I admittedly like the Slim better in a lot of ways.

That said, not one of the 20+ PS4 games I own has any PS4 Pro enhancements. Gravity Rush 2 will probably be the first.

C.Mongler

i'll probably get one eventually, but i don't really see a point right now as my tv doesn't have hdr or 4k and they didn't patch bloodborne which is all i play on ps4 lol

once it hits 300 ill probably say fuck it and grab one

bluaki

The TV I bought last year is 4K but not HDR. With games, however, I don't have the easiest time distinguishing between 720 and 1080 let alone 1080 to 4K. HDR would be more noticeable, but that's not even exclusive to PS4 Pro.

Last I checked, Netflix seems to only provide 60fps for 4K, which I actually appreciate more than anything else that comes from having a 4K TV.

Kalahari Inkantation

judging by the last guardian's performance on the both the ps4 and ps4 pro, you're going to need one for even 1080p gameplay anyway

C.Mongler

yeah i was thinking about this recently with how recent releases are starting to perform on normie ps4s: last guardian is supposed to by quite janky, and i've had quite a few moments of jank in my final fantasy so far. i'm really hoping ps4 pro doesn't push sub 30 fps to be acceptable on the normal hardware, but i have a feeling within the next two years they might phase it out entirely because devs dont want to even deal with it i dunno

Samus Aran

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on January 16, 2017, 05:36:36 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/01/16/nioh-has-gone-gold.aspx

yay that means it wont be delayed.........................

i had no idea the game was based on an unfinished Akira Kurosawa script, that's fucking cool

TooB

I didn't either. I only knew that the main character was based on a real guy, whose name idr right now

TooB

Go Up