March 28, 2024, 11:19:19 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Windows 10

Started by Hiro, July 30, 2015, 10:24:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

tbf my biggest gripe about edge is its weird url bar.  i would honestly prefer it to not disappear by becoming the search bar on a new tab

don't let's

Quote from: David on August 23, 2015, 12:28:02 PM
tbf my biggest gripe about edge is its weird url bar.  i would honestly prefer it to not disappear by becoming the search bar on a new tab
I always end up just clicking up where the address bar usually is out of habit. Thankfully that makes it appear back up there. But, yeah, I do agree with you on that.

Daddy

Quote from: David on August 23, 2015, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: fuchsmanguste on August 23, 2015, 08:52:30 AM
Quote from: Khadafi on August 22, 2015, 08:37:09 PM
I don't trust any microsoft browser not to have ridiculous vulnerabilities even if they completely rewrite the codebase.

i dont feel like dodging the weekly zero day for remote code execution
stop being a conspiracy theorist and do some believe actual emperical testing : ^)
this
i meant vulnerabilities due to shittycode and not NSA backdoors lol  akudood;

microsoft's code is responsible for tons of patching for regulatory reasons at work.  >.<

snoorkel

I finally figured out why Internet Explorer still exists: to be used for local management of Microsoft software with web portals. so you don't leave the microsoft product realm.

i had to deploy Active Directory and Exchange a bunch of times and now IE is my favorite browser
how could you reliably diagnose all the post-installation errors without it?

Daddy

The worst change in Win10 is the impossible to disable automatic reboot for updates.

You can adjust the time but you can't disable it overall. 8 at least gave you a few days warning but 10 just shuts down overnight.

It is really annoying because i have a music server running on my desktop and it means if I go away for a few days I risk losing access to all my music  akudood;

ME##

'lol they don't force you to update lol vulnerabilities MICROSHIT'
'wow these FUCKS FORCE ME TO UPDATE MUH MUSIC'

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on August 29, 2015, 07:51:05 AM
The worst change in Win10 is the impossible to disable automatic reboot for updates.

You can adjust the time but you can't disable it overall. 8 at least gave you a few days warning but 10 just shuts down overnight.

It is really annoying because i have a music server running on my desktop and it means if I go away for a few days I risk losing access to all my music  akudood;

yeah this is fuckint stupit

silvertone

make sure to cancel updates on your 7-8 computers because they are goign to install the nsa software

Daddy

Quote from: David on August 29, 2015, 10:57:56 AM
'lol they don't force you to update lol vulnerabilities MICROSHIT'
'wow these FUCKS FORCE ME TO UPDATE MUH MUSIC'
it's more of forced reboots without warning that is the problem.

Win8 did it right by warning you several days ahead of time before actually forcing it

don't let's

Quote from: fuchsmanguste on August 29, 2015, 02:26:40 PM
make sure to cancel updates on your 7-8 computers because they are goign to install the nsa software
I heard about that one

bluaki

How about this: minor updates shouldn't even require a full system reboot akudood;

It's entirely possible for pretty much every system update to apply in-place without a reboot. I still think the biggest problem with Windows's kernel is the atrocious file locks system that essentially doesn't let more than one program open any file at the same time.

ME##

don't let's

ME##

snoorkel

Go Up