March 18, 2024, 07:46:18 PM

1,531,586 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

alienz (both ancient and modern)

Started by hobbit, September 01, 2015, 08:51:19 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Aliens certainly exist, but I've always wondered why they would only appear to modern civilisation as UFOs if they helped ancient ones build their greatest achievements?  Are they afraid that their gene splicing has made us more dangerous than before or...?

silvertone

Quote from: David on September 01, 2015, 09:00:49 AM
Aliens certainly exist, but I've always wondered why they would only appear to modern civilisation as UFOs if they helped ancient ones build their greatest achievements?  Are they afraid that their gene splicing has made us more dangerous than before or...?
humans are to aliens what grass are to cows.

snoorkel

have you heard of the Baalbek stones dude that's some trippy sh*t

strongbad

i think that there is an extremely low chance that 'aliens' have appeared on earth
i also don't know if i believe in aliens in the traditional sense. i.e. humanoids or beings that resemble human civilization on other planets.
however, i think that it is significantly more plausible that there are other life forms that we can't perceive nor understand. in the same way that ants can't understand us or life outside of their ant hill, we can't understand life outside of what we can see in the observable universe

i like the idea that our planet (or maybe even solar system idk) is the equivalent to a single molecule that composes something much larger and more meaningful. we are nothing more than a virus that is of relative interest to ourselves on this rock- much like ant colonies.

ME##

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 02, 2015, 09:08:22 AM

i think that there is an extremely low chance that 'aliens' have appeared on earth
i also don't know if i believe in aliens in the traditional sense. i.e. humanoids or beings that resemble human civilization on other planets.
however, i think that it is significantly more plausible that there are other life forms that we can't perceive nor understand. in the same way that ants can't understand us or life outside of their ant hill, we can't understand life outside of what we can see in the observable universe

i like the idea that our planet (or maybe even solar system idk) is the equivalent to a single molecule that composes something much larger and more meaningful. we are nothing more than a virus that is of relative interest to ourselves on this rock- much like ant colonies.
i think doubting the possibility of earth having been visited by aliens is due to our own ignorance, 'well if we can't do it, aliens sure can't!'

strongbad

I think it's significantly more likely that we've been observed over visited

Socks

September 04, 2015, 08:27:20 PM #7 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:41:04 PM by Socks
Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 02, 2015, 11:26:26 AM
I think it's significantly more likely that we've been observed over visited

this makes no sense. anything that can 'observe' us can certainly visit us. unless i'm not understanding the whole general relativity thing.

now, extraterrestrial beings ABSOLUTELY HAVE to exist in the universe, and also HIGHLY LIKELY in our own galaxy. there is no reason to think we are so special. all of the chemistry and biology needed for life is present even within out own solar system, which is akin to an atom in a grain of sand on a cosmic beach. now consider the many cosmic beaches and oceans within the universe itself. in fact i am of the belief that life on earth could not have existed if it was not for all of the material that has continuously fallen on Earth ever since it was first formed.

as far as intelligent life with spacecraft and all of that stuff, i also believe they have been visiting earth for a very long time, possibly for tens of thousand of years. the body of evidence in total is overwhelming, it's just that no one takes it seriously until some government proclaims it as fact and declassifies the proof which they are hiding. actually scratch that, several government have done that already, but they are not 'western' countries or superpowers. so it is ignored by the mainstream.

for people who say well how can they be visiting the earth and we have not seen/found them. well we have, there are more pictures/video/eyewitness accounts about 'aliens' than there are about many species of life on earth, but it is just dismissed as unexplained etc... also i believe that not only are 'aliens' visiting the earth, but they probably have secret bases here, either underwater, or on the dark side of the moon or both. the apollo missions were clearly monitored and NASA definitely recorded structures on the far side of the moon.

this might seem like a silly point but it is one which i find rather remarkable. so, NASA for example, names their planetary probes as "reconnaissance orbiters". this is a fact look it up. now, anyone with any brain realizes that you don't recon supposedly dead geology and allegedly uninhabited celestial bodies. no, that would be called observation. reconnaissance is a military term and you do recon on active things, primarily beings and life, or where you expect to (or know there is ) life and intelligent (active) beings.
a small point but one that always struck me as an open clue that no one seems to pick up on.

world governments are both afraid to admit the fact that extraterrestrial life exists and has come here on earth because they are far more advanced than us and we do not know their intentions or objectives. i do not believe the conspiracy that world leaders collude with these beings, world leaders as just as much in the dark as you and i. second, they would rather we keep our heads down and pull the yoke forward, pay our taxes, have kids, retire and die. they don't want anything to disrupt the global order of countries, society systems and politics etc...

if we were aware of what is going on, suddenly your job is not so important, heck, almost every human activity on earth would cease to be relevant. we hold this fixed, monolithic and permanent view of the mechanisms and functioning of the present world, so we feel indebted to and accept the structure of how human life is organized by the world governments. when in reality, it does not matter in the cosmic scheme of things. but we keep out heads down because they do not want you to look up and think outside, into larger, more significant and pressing issues.

in the face of an alien species, people would undoubtedly stop seeing each other as american, mexican, russian or chinese, and see themselves as just human. this would be devastating for the current world order and it is therefore unacceptable. national leaders and their politics/authority would become insignificant and illegitimate. we would all of a sudden demand that world affairs are organized in a way which addresses and factors in this new found place of ours, and it would be very difficult to squabble or care about all of the other stupid things for which humans have been fighting and dying for since we learned to walk upright.

our efforts and money would not go toward weapons of destruction and meaningless projects and endeavors on earth, such as actors and warfare, but toward space exploration, advanced energy systems, scientific study/discovery and collective defense/cooperation. again, this is unacceptable for the powers that be, because it upsets the balance of power and the systems we have in place now, like economic slavery, resource bondage and suppression of knowledge. i am afraid short of a mass landing/sighting or event all over the world, people will never reach this threshold from which there would be no turning back.

why these beings choose to remain relatively secretive and not interact with our planet and us on a large and obvious scale, is anyone's guess. to answer that we need to know the fundamentals of what these beings are, how they perceive reality and how they regard us and our planet. they are obviously more advanced than us technologically, but that offers no insight into ethics and intelligence, morals and emotions, if they even have any. perhaps they are not biologically based, maybe they are droids in the sense of artificial intelligence. we don't know the history or context of how these beings came to be or what they are.

we have not been eliminated yet, so maybe they don't want to kill us or disturb us. but again, we can't say for sure. after all, as a famous philosopher once said, inferring the future from the past is all we can do, but it is not a sure thing. after all, a farmer feeds his chicken everyday for years and the chicken feels bliss, but the farmer always had a plan and when the day comes, instead of the food it is expecting, the chicken gets a broken neck and is cooked for dinner. so we can't feel too snug about the whole thing.

according to the evidence that is out there, these beings have demonstrated a particular interest in our nuclear weapons, and have on many many different occasions frequented bases and facilities where nuclear warheads and live missiles are stored. in some cases these non man made craft are reported to have shot what we would call 'beams' into bunkers where nuclear weapons were stored and have on occasion also somehow interacted with and disabled many nuclear missiles during test flights.

they are most likely keeping tabs on our scientific/technological development and may regard nuclear weapons and human space travel as the most advanced forms, and ultimate expression of, the science and technology we are capable of understanding and creating as a species. but they probably don't feel too threatened and are content with watching us and keeping their distance. heck, time itself could be perceived differently by these beings. after all, something which measures its lifespan in the hundreds or thousands of years, or is immortal, would not see a decade or a century in the same way we do. so what seems to us like a really long time for them to be around and not kill us, that some time-span may be to them the equivalent of just a few years or days.

i fear we really are that chicken and one day our delicate necks upon which our ignorant heads sit on, are really going to get broken in two. and there is nothing we can do about it. we will probably continue to eat our earthly crap and live in bliss until that day comes. there is no way we can catch up to intelligent life which has, lets say only a thousand year head start, let alone one which predates us in evolution and development by millions of years. on a basic level though, it is the height of irony and sadness that the greatest and most burning question human minds have agonized over, the question of if we are alone, has been answered right in front of our faces with the disturbing and awesome reality of NO!

hobbit

excellently put socks. I also feel that people forget the vast timeframe of our universe.

humans: ~150,000 yrs
'life' on earth: ~1,000,000,000 yrs
earth: 4,000,000,000
universe: ~14,000,000,000

consider what the human species will be like in 10,000 yrs and visitors from another galaxy is not at all farfetched, if we give them, say, 1,000,000 yrs head start.

also socks, where do you do most of your reading on this information? I get most of my 'conspiracy' infro from http://wanttoknow.info then I try to cross reference the material with other sources.

Socks

over the years i've watched various shows and things online, and some reading of a few books here and there. it just has sort of pooled in my mind and i have made some conclusions about the whole thing. right now there is no specific source or website that i frequent for 'conspiracy' as you say, primarily because i don't have quite the same interest into the subject as i once did, or the time to go with it. there was this website called abovetopsecret.com that i used to be a member on and post in for several years which i thought had a lot of different and excellent material on a large variety of topics and events, including the alien question.

Go Up