April 17, 2024, 06:26:55 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

xbox is so sorry it doesn't get a thread

Started by reeper, February 20, 2015, 09:32:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on September 29, 2016, 12:25:43 PM
with a hack like him at the helm it was obvious it would be a gross disappointment from the minute it was announced
now we just wait and see what's to become of that "Megaman Legends" spiritual successor he's supposed to make

C.Mongler

sorry i shouldn't have said that, that's victim blaming cry;

TooB

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

this platform is dead, isn't it

the scorpio will be the last dedicated gaming hardware release from microsoft, they seem to be losing interest in developing their own high-quality exclusives or contracting third parties to make exclusives for them

i think that's why they've suddenly taken an 'all future exclusives also available on pc' approach

they know they don't actually have much in the way of exclusives to lose, and it allows them to gradually fold all their gaming efforts back into windows and leave the hardware space behind, without outright saying that the xbox experiment is finished

a venn diagram of ps4 and xbone libraries would show the ps4 almost completely encircling the xbox

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 26, 2017, 08:04:40 PM

the scorpio will be the last dedicated gaming hardware release from microsoft, they seem to be losing interest in developing their own high-quality exclusives or contracting third parties to make exclusives for them

i think that's why they've suddenly taken an 'all future exclusives also available on pc' approach

they know they don't actually have much in the way of exclusives to lose, and it allows them to gradually fold all their gaming efforts back into windows and leave the hardware space behind, without outright saying that the xbox experiment is finished

a venn diagram of ps4 and xbone libraries would show the ps4 almost completely encircling the xbox
literally, the only games that make me keep the xbox one around is Ori (which is technically on PC but...) and Sunset Overdrive.

Rock Band 4 too I guess, since all my previous stuff was on 360.
Everything else is on PS4, I just bought them on XBONE for no real reason.

C.Mongler

i dunno if we can say scorpio will be their last ever, but i think scorpio is now it's own NEXT GEN console and not just a xbone.5; i would imagine it will have full xbone compatibility built into it as to not piss the shit off their base tho.

to be real though, while they are cross polinating xbone and PC now, their PC support thus far has been just as pathetic, if not moreso, than GFWL. i don't think they're gonna dump xbox support entirely for that because they may as well just chop their own dicks off

YPrrrr

Guys this is video games discussion can we please stick to talking about consoles that have video games to discuss

Kthx

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 01:34:16 AM

literally, the only games that make me keep the xbox one around is Ori (which is technically on PC but...) and Sunset Overdrive.

i'm surprised you don't own rare rapelay

xboners frantically gesture towards that one when spouting off their few meager "exclusives", desperately clinging to the hope that maybe one day rare will develop a good new original game lol

i think 15 years later it's fair to say that microsoft completely wasted that purchase, huh

Kalahari Inkantation

but honestly, i do hope that microsoft isn't seriously considering abandoning the xbox platform in the long term

even modest competition is a wonderful thing and completely unchallenged sony domination of the console industry would be a disaster for everyone awdood;

C.Mongler

February 28, 2017, 06:36:56 AM #70 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:49:43 AM by C.Mongler
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass

this is kinda cool tho too bad i dont own an xbone and i own every single game worth having on the 360

WAIT WUT
"Xbox Game Pass will only be available on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices. While some Xbox 360 backwards compatible games will be included in Xbox Game Pass, those titles will not be available on the Xbox 360 console via your subscription."

i'm assuming this probably just means games that have inate windows 10 compatibility (i.e. gears ultimate) are playable on windows, but pucker my asshole if they are bringing other things over

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 28, 2017, 01:42:36 AM

i'm surprised you don't own rare rapelay

xboners frantically gesture towards that one when spouting off their few meager "exclusives", desperately clinging to the hope that maybe one day rare will develop a good new original game lol

i think 15 years later it's fair to say that microsoft completely wasted that purchase, huh
i do own rare replay, but I guess I don't consider that essential, since its all old games I could theoretically own on different machines.

Also, I did forget about Killer Instinct

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on February 28, 2017, 06:44:51 AM

lmao what? Sunset is hot garbage. No one is sticking around for that.
whatever you say.

Kalahari Inkantation

the scorpio's specs were revealed and nobody cared

just one of many examples of how dire the situation is for the xbox :(

C.Mongler

i mean they barely did anything but show the guts and some forza screenshots, there's little to get excited about unless you're a guts nerd. i want to see how games look comparatively running on the damn thing, especially the 360 game upgrades they touted, and most importantly, i want to know the price as it sounds like its probably going to be $499.99. it just wasn't a very good reveal lol not to say that things aren't dire

Go Up