April 23, 2024, 10:41:19 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Started by ME##, December 06, 2014, 04:58:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on July 09, 2016, 07:08:20 PM
uncharted 4 has been pretty good so far.  the environments are a bit too destructible imho and the weird dialogue prompts seem out of place, i mean ultimately you're just picking 'witty remark x' to fill in a linear conversation. 

idk it seems the same as the other ones to me in both these regards

ME##

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on July 09, 2016, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: David on July 09, 2016, 07:08:20 PM
uncharted 4 has been pretty good so far.  the environments are a bit too destructible imho and the weird dialogue prompts seem out of place, i mean ultimately you're just picking 'witty remark x' to fill in a linear conversation. 

idk it seems the same as the other ones to me in both these regards
idk maybe it's just been awhile since i've played uncharted but it seems it takes just a few dozen bullets from a handgun to destroy anything not made from stone

Kalahari Inkantation

made it through all of chapter 13 without firing a single shot :3

well on my way to doing the same in chapter 14

this is a better stealth game than mgs5 could have dreamed of being

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 07:40:21 PM

i actually kinda want to try to go through the whole game entirely in stealth except for when fighting is required

Kalahari Inkantation

elena and sully are indisputably the most lovable characters in this franchise

and oddly, they're also the only two who only seem to get cuter with age

Kalahari Inkantation

anyway made it through all of chapters 13 and 14 without firearms lol nyandood;

Quote from: Big Goop on August 28, 2016, 08:49:32 PM
Quote from: Tectron on August 28, 2016, 07:40:21 PM

i actually kinda want to try to go through the whole game entirely in stealth except for when fighting is required

do it

it's very satisfying to pick off an entire squad of the suckers one by one before they can even realize their numbers are dwindling giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

sam is an idiot and an asshole[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

October 28, 2016, 12:39:39 AM #82 Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 01:20:44 AM by Tectron
finally finished this a bit ago happydood;

[spoiler]

i loved it tbh lol

i'm so glad it didn't disappoint me (too much), i was legitimately worried that uncharted 4 would abandon the series' identity for something excessively 'dark' after hearing about its moderate development turmoil and hostile takeover by tlou's writers

on one hand, i'm glad it turned out to be pretty much an uncharted game with a dramatic opening

on the other hand, i genuinely believe the hector alcatraz story would have made for a MUCH better plot than what we ultimately got

it's an infinitely better motivator for nate and sam than 'yeah sorry i put your life at risk 1000 times over and destroyed every single one of your personal relationships and betrayed the guy who freed me from prison because i'm a greedy selfish loser psychopath with delusions of grandeur lol!!!!!!'

the lie reveal instantaneously and unceremoniously drained every ounce of urgency from the narrative in a wholly unsatisfying way and turned sam into an utterly unsympathetic idiot

it bothers me that nate didn't, at the very least, punch him square in jaw for all the absurdly dumb shit he pulled, instead the entire cast is quick to forgive him for massively betraying their trust and putting their lives in immediate risk twice in the span of a few hours

that was easily my biggest gripe with the game, and to be honest i don't quite understand why the devs felt the need to massively deflate the story like that

also, i question rafe's motivations, the guy has an endless supply of cash and can literally afford to build an army, why exactly is he wasting his time and energy tracking down some dubious treasure purportedly worth a mere $400m

lazarevich is still the only uncharted villain with sensible motivations, and even his were as generic as could be

but anyway, the rest of the uncharted 4's writing was excellent and gameplay itself was solid as ever

and the rafe fight was, by far, the best (and only good) boss fight uncharted has ever had, i'm glad they could finally narrow down what makes a good final boss for the final fight of the final game lol wrench;

anyway overall 9/10, would probably be closer to a 10/10 if not for sam's inexcusable idiocy[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

also lol, the daughter

place your bets on when we'll be getting 'uncharted 5: a thief's beginning' (but it's the last one i swear guys !!)[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V32k4ZtEsAw[/youtube]

[spoiler]

i found it odd that nadine escaped having suffered pretty much no consequences for her villainy at the end of of the game, so i was initially pleased to see that there's perhaps more to it than that

but then i realized that this is probably a prequel story and her fate will likely remain unaddressed SocksDood;[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Tectron on December 05, 2016, 11:20:20 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V32k4ZtEsAw[/youtube]

[spoiler]

i found it odd that nadine escaped having suffered pretty much no consequences for her villainy at the end of of the game, so i was initially pleased to see that there's perhaps more to it than that

but then i realized that this is probably a prequel story and her fate will likely remain unaddressed SocksDood;[/spoiler]
>Elena DLC

FUCKING KOTAKU SMH

that's Chloe you fucks
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

YPrrrr

So yeah this game was pretty awesome we should all play multiplayer sometime? y/n

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 04, 2017, 09:02:06 AM
So yeah this game was pretty awesome

minus what's-his-name the brother

god, they really fuck;ed uncharted 4's plot up with the [glow=black,2,300]'I LIED LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL'[/glow] """"""""""""twist"""""""""""""

we should all play multiplayer sometime? y/n

but gameplay-wise i do think it is the best so yes i am in favor of this

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 05, 2017, 03:24:36 AM
So yeah this game was pretty awesome

minus what's-his-name the brother

god, they really fuck;ed uncharted 4's plot up with the [glow=black,2,300]'I LIED LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL'[/glow] """"""""""""twist"""""""""""""

we should all play multiplayer sometime? y/n

but gameplay-wise i do think it is the best so yes i am in favor of this
Yeah that part pissed me off. And I'm surprised Elena wasn't mad longer. But I'm happy she wasn't that would be so awk

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 05, 2017, 10:54:55 AM
Yeah that part pissed me off. And I'm surprised Elena wasn't mad longer. But I'm happy she wasn't that would be so awk

[spoiler]

yeah i was also kind of annoyed by how quickly they just sort of forgave and accepted him for repeatedly putting all their lives in immediate danger for entirely selfish reasons

i wish they had stuck with the hector alcazar plot through to the end, it was infinitely more interesting/compelling and sam was much better off being the victim

revealing the alcazar story to be a bad lie immediately drained any sense of urgency from the plot and turned sam from a damsel in distress into an outright psychopath (and the game's true villain)

and yet they just forgive him lol[/spoiler]

but yes we should multiplay sometime lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up