April 18, 2024, 04:02:49 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Phone Upgrade 2014

Started by reeper, September 28, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

I need a new phone but the year is 2014, what do I get?

Want a big screen and android.  giggle;

ME##

reeper

I had a Galaxy S4 but it died, nice size. Anything that size or bigger. I am interested in a Note but I like sleeker software, not so bogged down.

ME##

Quote from: reefer on September 28, 2014, 09:40:49 PM
I had a Galaxy S4 but it died, nice size. Anything that size or bigger. I am interested in a Note but I like sleeker software, not so bogged down.
the nexus 5 is pretty big and has no android bloat beyond the base bloat

reeper

less boat? only 300?!  >.<

And I only have to get made fun of forever?

ME##

Quote from: reefer on September 28, 2014, 10:57:52 PM
less boat? only 300?!  >.<

And I only have to get made fun of forever?
who would make fun of you for going with a nexus  huhdoodame;

Daddy

the nexus x/6/shamu/dingdonglicker should be out next month if the rumors/google's normal release schedule is anything of merit

snoorkel

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on September 29, 2014, 07:07:52 AM
the nexus x/6/shamu/dingdonglicker should be out next month if the rumors/google's normal release schedule is anything of merit

google can go fuck itself right off mount shasta

reeper

I don't think the Note 4 is worth the extra wait plus $200. I think I'm getting an S5... well? What should I think about instead?

bluaki

If you want something closer in size to Galaxy S4 without samsung bloat, you might like Nexus 5 or the new Moto X (2014 ver)

HTC One (M8) is also popular and about the same size but I don't know much about it

If you want something more Note-sized, wait for Google's Nexus 6 if you can. It's likely to be announced and released a bit less than two weeks from now.

reeper

I'll def wait for the announce but probably will be a long wait for an expensive phone when the S5 is a total beast of a phone at only $100

snoorkel

Honestly you could get S4 unlocked for only $200-300 and avoid being in a contract, with specs very similar to S5.. they r both nice

but you already had one and it's maybe not as exciting  saddood;

Daddy

>Be a benefited employee
>Make your job buy you an iPhone 6 for work purposes
>Plan to buy the new Nexus when it comes out if it don't suck

>Have 2 phones for reasons

reeper

Pff one smart phone is enough for me. Also I think Apple phones are okay but rather have an Android.

IDK If I'm going to wait a week. Don't mind contract, it's $100 for an S5. Seems good.  giggle;

Go Up