April 23, 2024, 04:38:42 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

YPrrrr

Quote from: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on July 07, 2017, 02:43:35 PM
Quote from: YPargh on July 07, 2017, 02:40:29 PM
Ezlo is awesome tho :O

best partner tbh
I thought he was going to be dumb (just like I was worried about the tease for Marios hat in Odyssey) but yeah he was legitimately part of what made MC my favorite Zelda

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

July 07, 2017, 04:05:41 PM #258 Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:23:26 PM by Majorana's Mask
ezlo is a wonderful companion, i agree

also, zelda serves as your direct companion in [glow=black,2,300]spirit trax[/glow], and she's wonderful too

they are two of the best

and tatl goes along with them as one of my top 3 favorites, despite the fact that tatl is arguably a poor companion in terms of actual practicality lol

Kalahari Inkantation

July 07, 2017, 04:23:10 PM #259 Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:30:06 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: Big Goop on July 07, 2017, 02:27:57 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 07, 2017, 02:15:52 PM
[spoiler]

midna is an okay-at-best zelda companion

and almost everything about her is low-hanging-fruit normiebait[/spoiler]
better than fi, better than tatl, better than navi.....

What other companions are there? I guess she's not better than red lions....

tatl >> navi >> midna >>>> fi

midna is rude and domineering from the very moment she forcefully imposes herself into your life, using you as a mere vector to effect her own goals for like the entire first half of the game

and then [glow=black,2,300]she gets ill and aww all of a sudden i'm supposed to be endeared by her plight[/glow] saddood;

no, i don't quite forgive or forget that easily akudood;

[spoiler=oh, and then there's this entire cringe-inducingly cheesy scene]

literally WHO gave this IMP permission to touch my face

i'm only going with you because i've been broken into being your steed akudood;
[/spoiler]

i was also going to complain about [glow=black,2,300]post-transformation midna, but having just rewatched all of the princess midna endgame scenes, they're not quite as bad as i remembered[/glow]

Kalahari Inkantation

July 07, 2017, 05:00:44 PM #260 Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:44:36 AM by Majorana's Mask
and the reason i prefer tatl to midna is because, despite their superficially similar personalities, she's actually exactly the opposite of midna lol

tatl wants nothing to do with you except to taunt and thieve along with her worthless brother and the skull kid, so she acts as an active accomplice as you're knocked the fuck; out, robbed of your dearest belongings and turned into a wooden newt

and in the process of forcefully preventing you from pursuing the skull kid, she ends up getting separated from her partners in crime

and they don't even care lmfao

they don't wait a single second for her to catch up, and by the time you get through the door a minute later they're nowhere to be seen

her own worthless brother would rather follow the skull kid like a dog on a short leash than waste even a minute on reuniting with tatl

and now she's stuck with you, desperately begging for your forgiveness because she has no choice but to submit if she wants any help cuddledoods;

and as it dawns on her that she will be stuck with you for longer and then even longer than anticipated, she gradually softens to you throughout the game

in tp's case, you are broken into being midna's servant over the course of the game, and she treats you like a mere pet throughout

in mm, tatl is broken into being your servant over the course of the game, and she becomes your pet dog on a short leash

just as she deserves for introducing herself to you with assault giggle; giggle;

TooB

July 07, 2017, 05:41:19 PM #261 Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:46:48 PM by Big Goop
Idk, regardless midna is just more interesting to me.

Tatl just bugs me, and navi is devoid of anything interesting

You're points are valid, but this is just how I feel. You know, at least midna has a complex backstory. Not that tatl doesnt, i suppose but It helps for me.

Besides, midna and link become pretty much equal partners by the endgame.

Which, I guess, so does tatl...

Idk I just prefer midna

Kalahari Inkantation

i always open """"""""""""""eceleb""""""""""""""" youtube videos incognito so dumb suggestions don't pollute my actual youtube account

i'm glad i developed that habit

Kalahari Inkantation

half of the reason super mario sunshine is looked upon unfavorably compared to other mario titles is that isle delfino/delfino plaza are absolutely terribly organized, to the point of impeding progress

the other half is fludd

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 10, 2017, 12:45:22 AM
half of the reason super mario sunshine is looked upon unfavorably compared to other mario titles is that isle delfino/delfino plaza are absolutely terribly organized, to the point of impeding progress

the other half is fludd
that, and there's really no variety in locale.

It's all just "tropical."

Samus Aran

don't forget petey pirahna

[spoiler]why nintendo themselves latched onto him so hard and included him in power tennis and double dash, i have no idea[/spoiler]

[spoiler]y'all are too hard on sunshine tho[/spoiler]

TooB

Nah, everyone else is too easy on sunshine

YPrrrr

I liked Petey in Mario Kart and Mario Golf :O

Never played sunshine

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on August 10, 2017, 11:47:51 AM
I liked Petey in Mario Kart and Mario Golf :O

Never played sunshine
it's ok. You're not missing much

Go Up