April 19, 2024, 06:10:19 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 29, 2017, 12:20:03 PM
unpopular opinion: in general, old gaming hardware is of no inherent value
in what sense, a historical one or a literal one cuz yeah i could make a throne out of gamecubes off of one paycheck easily

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 30, 2017, 06:00:31 AM
in what sense, a historical one or a literal one cuz yeah i could make a throne out of gamecubes off of one paycheck easily

they have historic and nostalgic value, but no practical value as tools (if their games are easily accessible on newer platforms, which is the case for most retro gaming hardware today)

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2017, 10:13:49 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on May 30, 2017, 06:00:31 AM

they have historic and nostalgic value, but no practical value as tools (if their games are easily accessible on newer platforms, which is the case for most retro gaming hardware today)
in my eyes, yes while many nes games are available on newer hardware, or emulator  (nes is just an example) there is nothing quite like holding that classic nes controller

Kalahari Inkantation

so it has nostalgic value lol n_u

old hardware is also valuable if you happen to already own games for the old hardware

but to go out of your way to buy old hardware and old games for old hardware when you could much more easily and cheaply buy the remakes and ports and remasters and digital versions that are widely available on newer platforms seems like a needless expense, unless you truly value the nostalgia/history factor

Kalahari Inkantation

unpopular opinion: this is a completely serious post

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 01, 2017, 10:52:37 PM
"chosen" was the wrong word

tracer was painstakingly designed for the role of blatantly obvious, maximally efficient cheap marketing trollop from the ground up

laboratory manufactured with the quirkiest™ personality and trendiest™ characteristics possible to ensure mass appeal and irresistibility to normie suckers

whereas pikachu is just a charming innocent fat rodent

he has no ulterior motives, as far as anyone knows

but tracer is the digital equivalent of a shrewd, pushy, artificially """friendly""" used car salesman

i am sickened by what tracer represents

Mando Pandango

all they had to do with tracer was make her voice actress tone it down a little and have her stop giggling at everything and she'd be fine IMO
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Thyme

imma get it and play as her to spite you guys

Kalahari Inkantation

she also has the absolute least interesting æsthetic design of any member of the cast, male or female, by far

Quote from: Thyme on June 02, 2017, 12:05:15 PM
imma get it and play as her to spite you guys

akudood;

TooB

and then they made her gay, and made everybody mad

Kalahari Inkantation

1. anyone who was upset over that is dumb
2. but blizzard completely expected and desired for that to be met with outrageous controversy
3. equally retarded as the outraged folk were the ones who then bought the game to spite the outraged folk
4. thus maximizing tracer's utility as a ruthlessly efficient, utterly soulless, poorly animated marketing algorithm

YPrrrr

Who was mad that she was lesbian?

I'd like to see the shitstorm if they made reaper gay though

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on June 02, 2017, 07:32:26 PM
Who was mad that she was lesbian?

I'd like to see the shitstorm if they made reaper gay though
pretty much all the vocal people on the internet was mad. Then again, just as many vocal people were a little TOO happy about it.

Gay Reaper would be amazing...

"die die DIE....... silly."

wawi

its like the starbucks holiday cups, people make a bigger deal out of people offended by it then there are people actually offended by it

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 02, 2017, 11:12:15 AM
unpopular opinion: this is a completely serious post

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 01, 2017, 10:52:37 PM
"chosen" was the wrong word

tracer was painstakingly designed for the role of blatantly obvious, maximally efficient cheap marketing trollop from the ground up

laboratory manufactured with the quirkiestâ,,¢ personality and trendiestâ,,¢ characteristics possible to ensure mass appeal and irresistibility to normie suckers

whereas pikachu is just a charming innocent fat rodent

he has no ulterior motives, as far as anyone knows

but tracer is the digital equivalent of a shrewd, pushy, artificially """friendly""" used car salesman

i am sickened by what tracer represents

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up