April 24, 2024, 03:31:54 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Dark Souls 2

Started by TooB, March 05, 2014, 11:53:47 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Nyerp on March 10, 2016, 09:21:59 PM
just made it to iron keep and it's amazing how this game manages to be uglier than both of its predecessors. also why is there a boss every 5 feet?
I think it looks fine???
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

ok but there's repeating textures on tons of surfaces and the aesthetic design for half the levels seems to be "someone puked green sludge all over the walls" (and not just the black gulch where that actually happened). the graphics are, of course, objectively superior to demon's and dark's graphics, but where those games covered the ugly stuff up with strategic darkness, this game lays it all bare for some reason

Samus Aran

It's because you're playing the PS4 version. Wait, you are playing that version right??

But yeah on the PS3, the game was darker. For some reason they cranked up the brightness on the PS4 version so now you can see all the ugly textures. I noticed it right away the first time I saw it played, during the first boss.

TooB

They messed with all of the lighting

Brighter places are brighter
Darker places are darker.

Nyerp

Nyerp

sinh was such an annoying piece of shit boss, maybe the most annoying boss in the game so far. and i say this even after just fighting elana and the 3 npc shitters

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 25, 2016, 10:35:58 PM
sinh was such an annoying piece of shit boss, maybe the most annoying boss in the game so far. and i say this even after just fighting elana and the 3 npc shitters
for me, it's the opposite

Nyerp

why does the area before blue smelter demon exist. i beat him 3rd try but fuck running past those enemies was awful akudood;

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 27, 2016, 12:25:49 AM
why does the area before blue smelter demon exist. i beat him 3rd try but fuck running past those enemies was awful akudood;
oh yeah. it's why I never really bothered in any subsequent playthru

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Nyerp

meme knight took 20 tries >.<

Nyerp

sir alonne only took 2 though, thank fucking god

Nyerp

beat darklurker and vendrick (what the fuck were they thinking). that only leaves ancient dragon and lud and zallen in terms of bosses but fuck them i'm just gonna beat the game now!!

Go Up