April 24, 2024, 07:01:57 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Zelda spin-off "Hyrule Warriors" announced

Started by Samus Aran, December 18, 2013, 10:03:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

looking forward to linkle's crossbow training as nintendo's next cheap lazy remake/spinoff to tide us over until zelda nx

TooB

I totally did notice how similar to that dragons crown chick she looks

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Actually I would love a game with female link as the protagonist

Samus Aran

i wouldn't mind either way, but if linkle is her canon name in future installments, i'm not using it lol

it would also be neat to see a zelda game where you can choose between a male or female hero, but i suppose nintendo might concern themselves over which gender is truly canon in respect to the overall timeline. because apparently that matters.

TooB

It's not like I even use the name link all that often anyway. Usually only on subsequent playthroughs

bluaki

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 09, 2015, 05:18:06 PM
i wouldn't mind either way, but if linkle is her canon name in future installments, i'm not using it lol
Same, probably, even though I've always used the name Link in Zelda games.
I also wouldn't mind having Zelda as a protagonist.

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 09, 2015, 05:18:06 PM
it would also be neat to see a zelda game where you can choose between a male or female hero, but i suppose nintendo might concern themselves over which gender is truly canon in respect to the overall timeline. because apparently that matters.
Solution: branch the timelines yet again so they're both canon. Because surely it's already out of control so why not let the timeline spiral into pure madness.

Kalahari Inkantation

December 09, 2015, 07:33:29 PM #143 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:53:21 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Loto on December 09, 2015, 05:11:32 PM
Actually I would love a game with female link as the protagonist

i wouldn't necessarily mind this either

but if and only if it's literally just female link, no suffix necessary, the way male and female shepard in mass effect differ only in purely arbitrary ways

or, heck, even in a game in which female link is the only option, that female link must be the link, and the game must not be substantially different for having genderbended

nor must it come off as lazy pandering, which hyrule warriors certainly is

i don't want to play a zelda which canonizes a protagonist named """linkle""", a completely separate non-character who originated as pure fanservice in some shitty $2 spinoff filler game

may as well shoehorn the cdi games into the timeline at that point

As for a playable Zelda, I'd like to see her maybe reprise her established role as Shiek, a massive and fascinating component of her character which was completely discarded after a single game. dittodood;

[spoiler]

cue idiotic internet arguments about transgenderism in zelda[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

new zelda game in which link is a girl and the game lightly pokes fun at the idea of a hero having to be male and makes its female link a positive female icon and incorporates female-positive messages

because:

1. it'd be a fresh change for the series
2. nintendo is generally good with these kinds of things, and a series as important as zelda would be a good way for them to show that they care about female representation
3. it'd be cute
4. it'd piss off shitty fanboys and this would be humorous

of course, i'm not talking about making it overly and stereotypically girly, that would destroy the whole point. but just...take the zelda formula and add these simple elements and i think it would be really charming

as for zelda herself, i would also love to see her in a starring role

Kalahari Inkantation

December 09, 2015, 09:45:10 PM #145 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:49:55 PM by Tectron
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 09, 2015, 09:03:44 PM
new zelda game in which link is a girl and the game lightly pokes fun at the idea of a hero having to be male and makes its female link a positive female icon and incorporates female-positive messages

because:

2. nintendo is generally good with these kinds of things, and a series as important as zelda would be a good way for them to show that they care about female representation
3. it'd be cute

None of these are good reasons for making arbitrary changes. akudood;

zelda is and has always been an apolitical series and i would rather it remain that way

why, and to whom, does nintendo have to prove that it "cares" about female representation (assuming it hasn't already demonstrated that it does)

even despite the lack of a female protagonist in zelda, female-positive messages have been (although infrequently) woven throughout the series in a way that isn't obvious pandering like this would be, and i would prefer that subtlety be maintained

a zelda starring a female link with an obvious and superficial "girl power" theme would come off as patronizing and insincere (because that's exactly what it would be), and you bet your ass that this shitty fanboy would be pissed at that

Nyerp

because:

3. it'd be cute

of course, i'm not talking about making it overly and stereotypically girly, that would destroy the whole point. but just...take the zelda formula and add these simple elements and i think it would be really charming

this is the most tumblr post ive ever read on this forum

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on December 09, 2015, 10:49:39 PM

because:

3. it'd be cute

this is the most tumblr post ive ever read on this forum
lol

Samus Aran

December 10, 2015, 12:23:00 AM #148 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:17:15 AM by Sakura Kinomoto
Quote from: Tectron on December 09, 2015, 09:45:10 PM

because:

3. it'd be cute

zelda is and has always been an apolitical series and i would rather it remain that way

why, and to whom, does nintendo have to prove that it "cares" about female representation (assuming it hasn't already demonstrated that it does)

even despite the lack of a female protagonist in zelda, female-positive messages have been (although infrequently) woven throughout the series in a way that isn't obvious pandering like this would be, and i would prefer that subtlety be maintained

a zelda starring a female link with an obvious and superficial "girl power" theme would come off as patronizing and insincere (because that's exactly what it would be), and you bet your ass that this shitty fanboy would be pissed at that

well, i didn't really mean it to be overly political, obvious, or superficial, i guess i just meant through simple dialogue or something? i'm talking subtlety here. and it wasn't a suggestion, it was just an idea of how it could play out should nintendo ever want to do anything like this

i feel like my post is being taken as more than what i meant it to be here. that's probably my fault though.

and i dunno, i never said nintendo HAS to prove anything, if anything nintendo's already proven they're pretty good about this stuff because they don't make anything overtly male-oriented to begin with

granted, a zelda game where link is simply a girl and that's that, nothing else changes, is also perfectly fine. i just think that if they wanted, they could have a little more fun with the idea. that's all.

forget i said anything tbh

C.Mongler

Quote from: Tectron on December 09, 2015, 09:45:10 PM

because:

3. it'd be cute

uhhh you can make a lead character a girl without being all GIRL POWER about it and i'm pretty sure that's what nintendo would be intending to do lol

and its not even really arbitrary, there's like a fucking million heroes of time according to zelda lore, you would think at least one of them would be born without a wiener

[spoiler]im just gonna pretend super princess peach didnt exist[/spoiler]

Go Up