BOYAH POKÉMON X/Y TOURNAMENT. (Status: FINISHED- BLUAKI WINS.)

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 26, 2013, 08:40:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

The BOYAH POKÉMON X/Y TOURNAMENT

There may not be anymore entries after this point.

Participants must now schedule a time with their opponent when it's best for the both of them to battle.

TOURNAMENT BRACKET:

"MIB, why the fuck are you at the end, you self-centered fuck?"
I'm there because I wanted this to be a more organized tournament and I got no time to be in the actual tournament anyway because I got a lot of shit to do.  I haven't even got my PokĂ©mon ready, yet.  Eight is one of the ideal numbers for a tournament, anyway.  I'll be an OPTIONAL OPPONENT at the end for the champion.  If they beat me, they get $5.00, lol- just to add to their victory because, uhh, I'm a very bored person.  No penalty if you lose.  

WE CAN START THE NEXT ROUND EARLY WHEN EVERYBODY HAS FINISHED THEIR BATTLES.

(If we don't go that route- then we might as well go the the dragged out version if necessary:

DATES & TIMES
FIRST ROUND:
STARTS:  NOVEMBER 02, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST
ENDS:  NOVEMBER 09, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST

SECOND ROUND:
STARTS:  NOVEMBER 09, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST
ENDS:  NOVEMBER 16, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST

THIRD ROUND:
STARTS:  NOVEMBER 16, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST
ENDS:  NOVEMBER 23, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST

VSing me?:
STARTS:  NOVEMBER 23, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST
ENDS:  NOVEMBER 30, 2013 - SATURDAY AT 12:00 A.M. CST)

BATTLE DETAILS:
-  SINGLE BATTLE
-  3 vs. 3
-  LV. 50
-  ITEMS CLAUSE ON (You cannot have more than one of the same item.)
-  SPECIES CLAUSE ON (You may not use two of the same PokĂ©mon.)
-  HANDICAPS OFF  (I don't really know what this is.)
-  NO UBERS  (Anybody on this list, I guess: http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/uber.  Xerneas and Yveltal are considered to be Ubers, as well.  THIS IS STILL BEING MODIFIED BECAUSE X/Y COMPETITIVELY IS STILL BEING INVESTIGATED.)
-  NO MEGA EVOLUTIONS
-  BATTLE MAISON ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED
-  YOU MUST STICK WITH THE POKÉMON YOU'VE CHOSEN ON YOUR FIRST BATTLE THROUGH ALL FURTHER MATCHES

INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION IF:
-  YOU USE AN UBER OR A MEGA EVOLUTION.
-  YOUR OPPONENT IS USING AN ILLEGAL ITEM
-  THERE'S A USER THAT IS LATE TO THEIR BATTLE WHILE THEIR OPPONENT IS WAITING.  OR IF BOTH USERS DON'T REPORT ANY RESULTS.  (You must PM me if you're having trouble contacting your opponent.)

REPORTING YOUR WIN/LOSS:
WHEN ANY OF YOU WIN/LOSE, YOU MUST HAVE YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT CONFIRM THAT EITHER OF YOU HAVE WON THE BATTLE BY POSTING THE RESULTS IN THIS THREAD.  

PRIZES: (And I am being legitimate as Hell.)
All of these prizes will be made/obtained somehow and will be mailed.

FIRST PLACE GETS an oil painting on a 8'' x 10'' canvas (Duck cotton stretched on some wood.) and they get to choose whatever I must paint.  BUT, it must be PokĂ©mon related.  Please nothing hard, oh my God.  Oh, and a cheesy certificate.  First place winner also gets the option of battling me- and if they win, they get $5.00 cash.  No penalty for losing.

SECOND PLACE GETS an oil painting on a 5'' x 7'' canvas (Duck cotton stretched on some wood.) and they get to choose whatever I must paint.  BUT, it must be PokĂ©mon related.  Please nothing hard, oh my God.  It's very small.  You can literally put it in a dollhouse for action figures or something.  Oh, and a cheesy certificate.

THIRD PLACE GETS a pouch of tissues for their tears and a candy bar for them to enjoy as they're crying.  And a cheesy certificate.  I'm being serious with this one no matter how ridiculous it is, though, haha.  

I'll PM you regarding the prizes if you win in any of these places.  Accepting the prizes is optional.  

DO YOUR BEST~!

Other inquiries:

Quote from: bluaki on November 02, 2013, 02:28:08 PM
Can I reset and re-train EVs for something that wasn't EV trained during my first battle?
Can I change moveset or held item?
Can I breed IVs onto another Pokémon of the same species to use instead in later battles?

No.
Definitely no.
No.

Choose wisely and with whatever you got before you battle.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Patrick Stickles

i'm more prone to be not doing anything on sundays than on saturdays
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Samus Aran

i work on both of those days goowan

although if it's late enough at night that doesn't matter too much (i'm typically home by 8:40 pm central)

also i'll probs lose because most of my pokes definitely aren't totally competitive battle-ready yet lol but oh well. this should really be the first of many poke tourneys on boyah, so i should be more ready for other ones i hope

Snowy

I'll def. join if I don't have work either of those days.

YPrrrr

We should make a bracket and then the two people matched up can make arrangementsto play this week and then do that for ffuture rounds too

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 27, 2013, 05:00:11 PM
We should make a bracket and then the two people matched up can make arrangementsto play this week and then do that for ffuture rounds too

agreed, it shouldn't just be one night. it's just impossible with everyone having different schedules.

also, maybe not for this one, but once we have more people possibly joining, we should have a losers bracket so people have two chances to get further into the tourney lol

well, depending upon how many people we ever actually get doing this i guess

TooB

I probably wont ba able to participate.
Sorry

silvertone

why dont you guys do like weekly rounds or smth so you can sechedule matches w/ your opponet

Patrick Stickles

i'm down with a weekly round thing but idk whatever

are we allowing mega mawile

Samus Aran

yeah what megas are we allowing period

i get that mega blaziken is out but what about megas of pokemon that are normally OU? mega alakazam, mega garchomp, mega tyranitar, mega lucario....?

i kind of assumed they wont be allowed because gengar ain't and he's normally ou but idk

YPrrrr

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 28, 2013, 12:52:57 PM
i'm down with a weekly round thing but idk whatever

are we allowing mega mawile
I would like to know this too, he's a monster

Also one of the few fairies that's not just completely girly.
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 28, 2013, 12:54:49 PM
yeah what megas are we allowing period

i get that mega blaziken is out but what about megas of pokemon that are normally OU? mega alakazam, mega garchomp, mega tyranitar, mega lucario....?

i kind of assumed they wont be allowed because gengar ain't and he's normally ou but idk
I was wondering this too because mega alakazam, tyranitar, and lucario look almost unstoppable without very strict counters. Then again, something like mega bannette isn't too scary at all.

Hippopo

We should do a wonder tourney, where all of our pokes come from the wonder trade.  giggle;

Samus Aran

oh god lol we should do something like that sometime yeah

also a little cup at some point (only stage 1 unevolved pokes)

Patrick Stickles

little cup is actually really fun with eviolite being a thing

bluaki

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 28, 2013, 02:34:55 PM
little cup is actually really fun with eviolite being a thing
I'd go the other way and expect Eviolite to be banned in Little Cup

Especially with item clause, I'd expect the one pokemon holding eviolite on each team to have an excessive advantage over the others

Go Up