psychiatric drugs; liked to (almost) every mass killing in america since the 70s

Started by hobbit, September 24, 2013, 12:19:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hobbit

http://breggin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=75&Itemid=133

http://leoniefennell.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/the-systemic-correlation-between-psychiatric-medications-and-unprovoked-mass-murder-in-america2.pdf

youtube video on the subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJzZjK4XHk

Pharmaceutical companies willing admit that many medications, such as effexor, prozac, and zoloft, will cause patients to become suicidal while taking the medications even if suicidal thought were not present prior to taking the medication. If they willing admit that these chemicals can cause suicidal thoughts, then why would it be a stretch to say that they could cause homicidal thoughts? Why would boys unprovokenly take a gun to a school and shoot students and faculty? Why would a mother drown her own children on a whim? Is it the preexisting 'mental disorders' to blame? Or is the use of psychotropic drugs to blame?

Personally, i see no difference between  an alcoholic, coke head, and a person constantly on anti-depressants. all are using drugs to change their state of mind to cope with their everyday being. Being addicted to prescribed drugs is just as bad as being addicted to illicit ones. The pharmaceutical industry is a sham.

Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal ones
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/26/prescription-drugs-number-one-cause-preventable-death-in-us.aspx

silvertone

hobbit

i smoke weed usually 3-5 times a week. i admit i am a druggie. but i can quit anytime i want, i swear!! i just have never wanted to quit.

PLEASEHELP1991

do you think we need to institutionalize people that we deinstitutionalized thanks to antipsychotics?
I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: hobbit on September 24, 2013, 12:19:46 PM
http://breggin.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=75&Itemid=133

http://leoniefennell.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/the-systemic-correlation-between-psychiatric-medications-and-unprovoked-mass-murder-in-america2.pdf

youtube video on the subject - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJzZjK4XHk

Pharmaceutical companies willing admit that many medications, such as effexor, prozac, and zoloft, will cause patients to become suicidal while taking the medications even if suicidal thought were not present prior to taking the medication. If they willing admit that these chemicals can cause suicidal thoughts, then why would it be a stretch to say that they could cause homicidal thoughts? Why would boys unprovokenly take a gun to a school and shoot students and faculty? Why would a mother drown her own children on a whim? Is it the preexisting 'mental disorders' to blame? Or is the use of psychotropic drugs to blame?

Personally, i see no difference between  an alcoholic, coke head, and a person constantly on anti-depressants. all are using drugs to change their state of mind to cope with their everyday being. Being addicted to prescribed drugs is just as bad as being addicted to illicit ones. The pharmaceutical industry is a sham.

Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal ones
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/26/prescription-drugs-number-one-cause-preventable-death-in-us.aspx

Blah blah blah, yadda yadda.
The problem, of course, is doctors with an especially twitchy prescription pen. Everything is over-diagnosed.

But, when prescribed correctly, those drug regimens are treating a physical or chemical problem. When prescribed correctly, it's no different than taking an aspirin for a headache or antibiotics for a virus.

Try telling someone who's legitimately suffering from depression that they're riding the same rails as a cokehead...

snoorkel

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on September 24, 2013, 03:19:50 PM
The problem, of course, is doctors with an especially twitchy prescription pen. Everything is over-diagnosed.

But, when prescribed correctly, those drug regimens are treating a physical or chemical problem. When prescribed correctly, it's no different than taking an aspirin for a headache or antibiotics for a virus.

Try telling someone who's legitimately suffering from depression that they're riding the same rails as a cokehead...

they got the spell put on u brother

Kalahari Inkantation

this, and it's not even entirely their fault (though they could certainly take a number of steps to make the issue less severe)

the diagnostic criteria for psychological illnesses are so subjective and so poorly defined that virtually anyone who strolls into a psychiatric office can be easily diagnosed with any number of the vague symptoms for various diseases listed in the dsm, some of which are so ambiguously defined they're pretty much interchangeable with one another

and because there exist so few well developed and objective tests for the presence and severity of the various mental disorders, all a doctor can do is take their patient's word at face value (in a mere 45 minutes, no less) and throw pills in their general direction until they go away

that sort of thing doesn't happen with physical medicine because there are hundreds of (generally) well-established and objective tests we can use to detect the presence or absence of just about any common abnormality

i can't enter a physician's office complaining of some vague pain and suddenly have an indefinite prescription of vicodin placed on my doorstep they way i can complain of depression or some other weakly defined psychiatric disorder to a psychologist and suddenly find myself with an indefinite supply of escitalopram or w/e because it would be considered malpractice on the physician's part and drug abuse on mine, yet diagnostic psychology somehow gets a pass on exactly those sorts of unscientific practices

but because medical psychology is still a relatively new and developing field of scientific(?) study and because the mind is an inherently difficult thing to measure in any medically meaningful and objective manner, we're going to be stuck with this problem to some extent for the foreseeable future lol

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: #rektron on September 24, 2013, 05:39:04 PM
this, and it's not even entirely their fault (though they could certainly take a number of steps to make the issue less severe)

the diagnostic criteria for psychological illnesses are so subjective and so poorly defined that virtually anyone who strolls into a psychiatric office can be easily diagnosed with any number of the vague symptoms for various diseases listed in the dsm, some of which are so ambiguously defined they're pretty much interchangeable with one another

and because there exist so few well developed and objective tests for the presence and severity of the various mental disorders, all a doctor can do is take their patient's word at face value (in a mere 45 minutes, no less) and throw pills in their general direction until they go away

that sort of thing doesn't happen with physical medicine because there are hundreds of (generally) well-established and objective tests we can use to detect the presence or absence of just about any common abnormality

i can't enter a physician's office complaining of some vague pain and suddenly have an indefinite prescription of vicodin placed on my doorstep they way i can complain of depression or some other weakly defined psychiatric disorder to a psychologist and suddenly find myself with an indefinite supply of escitalopram or w/e because it would be considered malpractice on the physician's part and drug abuse on mine, yet diagnostic psychology somehow gets a pass on exactly those sorts of unscientific practices

but because medical psychology is still a relatively new and developing field of scientific(?) study and because the mind is an inherently difficult thing to measure in any medically meaningful and objective manner, we're going to be stuck with this problem to some extent for the foreseeable future lol
i think the word you are looking for is psychiatry
psychologists do not have prescription privileges in most states lol
plus i would lay most of the blame on general practitioners over prescribing psychotropic drugs they have next to no knowledge on
I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

and just like that te c's argument is moot way to look like a fool teck.

strongbad

truth

hobbit

I was legitimately depressed from age 12-21. I wanted to kill myself almost everyday. but I got over it, not because of drugs but because I made a decision to change my life and put it in a new direction.

if you haven't already, read the articles I posted. the US takes more antidepressants than any country and has the greatest number of mass shooting. I haven't heard anything about it yet, but i'm willing to bet money that this navy yard shooter was on psychotropic drugs.

hobbit

And yes, I will acknowledge that these drugs do help some people. But if these companies came out and said that these tragedies were directly cause by their drugs, what would be your reaction? Would you still advocate for them? Are the rewards worth the cost?

Go Up