April 20, 2024, 01:49:32 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mighty No. 9

Started by bluaki, August 31, 2013, 07:21:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 20, 2016, 06:15:10 AM
SURPRISE, it's an uninspired platformer with identity and framerate issues
somehow I knew technical issues would be a thing, because Deep Silver.
it's like when people expect games published by bethesda to have tech issues

TooB

Apparently it's worst issues are poor level design (a terrible thing for a mega man game to have) and, from what I gather, frustrating bosses (also very bad for mega man).

C.Mongler

i'm watching CalebHart (renonwned MegaMan speedrunner) play this on twitch right now...and it's kind of sad. the game visibly does not look very fun to play but him and his devout subs are just all like GUYS NO, THE REVIEWERS ARE WRONG, THEY JUST DONT LIKE HARD GAMES, THIS GAME IS AWESOME and it just reeks of that time when i first got red steel for wii and wanted it so bad to be awesome, but after a week i was like "yeah guys you're right it's kind of shit isn't it"

ME##

Quote from: Loto on June 20, 2016, 08:48:39 AM
Apparently it's worst issues are poor level design (a terrible thing for a mega man game to have) and, from what I gather, frustrating bosses (also very bad for mega man).
isn't that mega man's thing though?

Samus Aran

Quote from: David on June 20, 2016, 04:44:42 PM

no, mega man bosses are historically very easy if you use their weaknesses against them, they're hard without them though

so, you know, being taught by getting your ass kicked the first time, trying out a different level, etc. learning process.

TooB

Quote from: David on June 20, 2016, 04:44:42 PM
but what I meant was, from what I read, the bosses have attacks where you have to mash buttons I guess, and if you don't do it right, you basically die I think.

Basically, I think they meant they're cheap.

But other sources say the bosses in this are the best part. So idk

C.Mongler

actually after watching like 2 hours of streams for this game last night for some fucking reason, it looks okay. like i wouldnt pay 20 bucks for it, but like, i might pick it up for 7.50 or so. it's janky as hell, but it does seem like it has a little bit of the soul of a megaman game in there, i dunno

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 21, 2016, 06:44:32 AM
actually after watching like 2 hours of streams for this game last night for some fucking reason, it looks okay. like i wouldnt pay 20 bucks for it, but like, i might pick it up for 7.50 or so. it's janky as hell, but it does seem like it has a little bit of the soul of a megaman game in there, i dunno
same. I'll wait for a flash sale or something

TooB

C.Mongler

it also apparently has been hardlocking wii u's for that version looooool

bluaki

June 21, 2016, 09:33:28 AM #85 Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:43:47 AM by bluaki
Linux version delayed
Mac version delayed
360 version delayed
PS4 and PS3 versions are out, but backers can't redeem it today
Vita version is heavily delayed
3DS version is heavily delayed
Wii U version is unplayable

That leaves... Windows and Xbox One? Are those the only two platforms that actually "work" out of the 10 that should've been out?

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on June 21, 2016, 09:33:28 AM
Linux version delayed
Mac version delayed
360 version delayed
PS4 and PS3 versions are out, but backers can't redeem it today
Vita version is heavily delayed
3DS version is heavily delayed
Wii U version is unplayable

That leaves... Windows and Xbox One? Are those the only two platforms that actually "work" out of the 10 that should've been out?
i would hope the physical ps4 version works

bluaki

Quote from: Loto on June 21, 2016, 09:44:40 AM
i would hope the physical ps4 version works

I imagine that the amazingly high number of people who can't wait to play this game and didn't back this kickstarter are very excited to buy that physical PS4 version today.

The people who did back the kickstarter for the PlayStation version got codes today that don't work.

TooB

Also, I wonder if the physical Wii u version is also bricking wii u's

TooB

you know you done fucked up when sega has room to make fun of you

Go Up