April 24, 2024, 06:54:33 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Mighty No. 9

Started by bluaki, August 31, 2013, 07:21:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Some former Mega Man developers are making a new platforming game that totally looks like Mega Man but isn't. They're going for actually modern-looking artwork and it's being developed for primarily PC, probably getting other ports depending on how well the kickstarter goes (Linux/Mac are very likely at $1.35m, console versions less so at $2.5m)

I haven't even played Mega Man games yet but this looks promising. Also, Japanese people always ignore Linux and I'm surprised to see it probably getting this.

ncba93ivyase

this is going to be great

i highly doubt the game will look anywhere near as good as the screenshots but it would be cool if it did

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

well damn that looks great, though i'd say that character design is a bit too similar to megaman

Classic

I think it's a jab at Capcom because of the similar designs.

I'm in.

PLEASEHELP1991

i can't wait till capcom sends a cease and desist order
I love [you]

silvertone

make megaman legends 3 instead

Classic

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snack Dad on September 01, 2013, 12:14:46 AM
well damn that looks great, though i'd say that character design is a bit too similar to megaman
this project is headed by the creator of megaman. he left capcom because they were completely incompetent but they own the rights to megaman.

so the point is to make a true megaman sequel without using the name

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

i like how those enemies are basically still metts just with traffic cones on their heads instead of hardhats

Patrick Stickles

so you're the 9th robot amongst a series of 8 others that went haywire huh
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Snowy

Quote from: silvertone on September 01, 2013, 11:38:20 AM
make megaman legends 3 instead
That's the sole reason I had bought my 3DS

fuck you capcom

bluaki

the stretch goal for Mac/Linux versions has been reached n_n

They still need to raise another million dollars to get console support. They probably will get there near the end of the month.

silvertone

Quote from: Snowy on September 03, 2013, 04:00:09 PM
That's the sole reason I had bought my 3DS

fuck you capcom
0wned

Samus Aran

ME##

am i reading the chart wrong, or after 'create a challenge' do you not get to do the previous item as your donation goes up?

Go Up