who wants scroogle to be able to see everything they do? tomatoes;

Started by ME##, February 21, 2013, 10:32:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

http://www.google.com/glass/start/how-to-get-one/

QuoteExplorers will each need to pre-order a Glass Explorer Edition for $1500 plus tax and attend a special pick-up experience, in person, in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles.

wait, am i reading this right, you have to pay money not only for IT but to travel to pick it up.  good lord, no way in hell would i give money to google for a project it'll abandon in a year. ugly;

strongbad

Yeah I was working on the perfect application tweet and then I saw the 1500 part. Bullshit

don't let's

silvertone

bluaki

I wonder if Glass-like stuff could show subtitles at various events for people who either are hard of hearing or want translations; comfortable wearable displays could theoretically replace much of the current use of sign language. If people actually bother implementing it, that is.

Having a camera might actually prevent a lot of possible uses. Even for that subtitling use-case, many attractions prohibit recording. Beyond the surprise of "what are you wearing?", some people can be uncomfortable seeing you walking around with a camera-face.

It's surprising how little they're focusing on its interaction with a phone. Apparently at least a phone can push a text message notification to it? Could other arbitrary apps send their own messages to its display?

I've yet to see any mention of its battery life. Probably pathetic.

With Google caring so much about color with these things, you'd think they might possibly think about color for their other consumer devices like phones. But they don't.

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on February 22, 2013, 09:59:11 PM
I wonder if Glass-like stuff could show subtitles at various events for people who either are hard of hearing or want translations; comfortable wearable displays could theoretically replace much of the current use of sign language. If people actually bother implementing it, that is.

Having a camera might actually prevent a lot of possible uses. Even for that subtitling use-case, many attractions prohibit recording. Beyond the surprise of "what are you wearing?", some people can be uncomfortable seeing you walking around with a camera-face.

It's surprising how little they're focusing on its interaction with a phone. Apparently at least a phone can push a text message notification to it? Could other arbitrary apps send their own messages to its display?

I've yet to see any mention of its battery life. Probably pathetic.

With Google caring so much about color with these things, you'd think they might possibly think about color for their other consumer devices like phones. But they don't.

i have to admit, that subtitle use is probably the first useful situation i've heard for these things.

yeah, i can imagine that most people won't bother wearing them after awhile.  either from the constant looks they get or them just not being useful .

it'll have even worse battery life than the chrimebook puxel y/n

and silly, google always cares about the things it should not. tomatoes;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

applesauce

not to mention that you would get mugged for wearing these literally anywhere

??????

i can just imagine how everyone happy they're going to be to take nudes/people without their consent discreetly

me003

have you guys ever tried youtube's subtitles?
I don't even...
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Samus Aran

Quote from: Master Shake on March 03, 2013, 04:34:15 PM
I don't even...

they add a completely new level of entertainment to videos

bluaki

Quote from: Master Shake on March 03, 2013, 04:34:15 PM
I don't even...
when I mentioned subtitles, I was thinking of shows and stuff that have available subtitles, not of automatic transcription for all audio

but yes automatic transcriptions of everything you hear in real life would be amusing

Go Up