April 23, 2024, 08:46:35 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

terrible internet browsers

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, January 02, 2013, 10:35:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

wiibrowser is terruble jeez louise i miss computers

ME##

opera
chrome
firefox
safari
internet explorer
etc

don't let's

Could this mark the start of Boyah's own foray in the terrible internet browser business? Find out next time on…

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on January 02, 2013, 10:43:59 PM
Could this mark the start of Boyah's own foray in the terrible internet browser business? Find out next time on…
on what

silvertone

can we make our own websbrowse

and we call it the boyah hour power bowserbrowser

bluaki

I haven't seen any browser on a non-desktop-like system able to at all compare to desktop browsers akudood;

Regardless whether they're on a game system, a phone, a tablet, etc., they always are absolutely terrible. Some are less terrible than others, but all of them make web browsing feel like a chore and can't be entirely saved by good device specs or mobile-optimized sites. It would at least help if any of them had worthwhile settings pages rather than the minimalist lack of options they all have.

Wii browser is worse than it could be because of being totally unsupported in the sense of having never received an update since its initial release, which for a web browser makes the thing archaic within one year, let alone six. I imagine Wii Remote could potentially be as good as a mouse for web browsing, but not when tied to a system whose browser is unsupported and only runs at NTSC resolution.
Phone browsers are inherently bad because web pages in general aren't designed to be easily-resized because of the arrangement of elements on the page being an important part of the general interface and many pages wouldn't work well as something like a linear stream of information; constant manual zoom adjustment is not a very good navigation method.
Touchscreen browsers naturally have trouble handling distinction between text selection and context menu because of sharing a touch-and-hold input due to lacking a right-click and having unreliable click-and-drag which itself overlaps with swipe-to-scroll. They also can't simulate hover events.

Go Up