April 16, 2024, 03:37:09 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

HTTPS Invalid

Started by Mobius135, April 30, 2012, 09:17:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mobius135

Why does Boyah not have a valid HTTPS certificate? I mean, the connection is certainly secure, 256-bit encryption, but what elements of the page are insecure that is freaking my browsers out?

I've noticed that the HTTPS is invalid on Chrome, IE, and FF. On chrome, navigating between pages is a nightmare, and it often asks me if I want to proceed on this dangerous web page. On IE, boyah loads quickly, with bad HTTPS, which would work for me except for the fact that it's IE.
.gif[/img]

snoorkel

images from non-secure websites

I set it up with the idea that boyah 2 would be around in another month or so, which would fix the problem, but of course that never happened y/n

applesauce

Wow I forgot about Boyah 2

bluaki

Quote from: vziard on April 30, 2012, 11:28:58 AM
images from non-secure websites

I set it up with the idea that boyah 2 would be around in another month or so, which would fix the problem, but of course that never happened y/n
How would Boyah 2 fix the problem? Do you plan on locally-hosting every avatar and sig?

Even then, wouldn't the warnings still happen every time a post references foreign content with [img] or [youtube]?

Mobius135

If you had a solution for boyah 2 why not implement it here?
.gif[/img]

PLEASEHELP1991

[spoiler]because boyah 2.0 will never happen and is a running joke[/spoiler]
I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Patsy Stone on April 30, 2012, 04:32:17 PM
[spoiler]because boyah 2.0 will never happen and is a running joke[/spoiler]
way2ruin boyah for me asshole :|

snoorkel

Quote from: bluaki on April 30, 2012, 02:14:13 PM
How would Boyah 2 fix the problem? Do you plan on locally-hosting every avatar and sig?

Even then, wouldn't the warnings still happen every time a post references foreign content with [img] or [youtube]?

one of the features of boyah 2 will be SSL-securing the entire Internet, so there will be no possible way for someone to include non-secured content.

?????

Quote from: vziard on April 30, 2012, 05:20:03 PM
SSL-securing the entire Internet

I can't tell if this is serious or not.
Die for Dethklok

Socks

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on April 30, 2012, 06:46:04 PM
I can't tell if this is serious or not.

even i can tell that is serious.

and this should assure you because i have to ask, what is the problem again?

i use chrome and i have never noticed an issue.

?????

Quote from: Socks on April 30, 2012, 07:37:53 PM
even i can tell that is serious.

and this should assure you because i have to ask, what is the problem again?

i use chrome and i have never noticed an issue.

I think the SSL certificate is self-signed. Also, do you remember Chrome complaining the first time you visited Boyah from it?
Die for Dethklok

snoorkel

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on April 30, 2012, 09:08:49 PM
I think the SSL certificate is self-signed. Also, do you remember Chrome complaining the first time you visited Boyah from it?

it's actually not ("verified by PositiveSSL CA"), the problem is with non-secure resources on the page

don't let's

When I visit on my phone it always gives me a warning. And then on Chrome whenever there's a youtube video it says there's insecure content (or something like that) and asks me if I want to load it anyway or not.

Socks

Quote from: ,,,-,,, on April 30, 2012, 09:08:49 PM
Also, do you remember Chrome complaining the first time you visited Boyah from it?

Maybe, I don't remember, I don't really care about that sort of stuff. But now that it was mentioned, I do receive a warning every time I visit from my phone, and to show you how much I care about this sort of thing, I never actually read the damn thing and immediately always pressed continue.

If my life is going to be affected, it's not because a website is HTTPS invalid. This is my guiding principle.

snoorkel

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 04:49:35 AM
If my life is going to be affected, it's not because a website is HTTPS invalid. This is my guiding principle.

see, I'm actually the opposite

Go Up