Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2018, 12:24:32 PM
1,516,946 Posts in 45,466 Topics by 1,097 Members
Latest Member: WilliamDog
Boyah Forums  |  General  |  The Esoteric & Occult  |  Reoccuring Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reoccuring Dreams  (Read 731 times)
antmaster5000
Secret Muslim

DwightDL
Offline Thailand Male

Strongbad007

Quota: 3%
Doodthingocity: -27
Lüts: 245262.83

Windows 7

Chrome 18.0.1025.162

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:52:44 PM »

I've had dreams with a loosely reoccuring theme my entire life.

Back home, my parents live on a small private lake. Really small (deepest spot is like 40ft) but warm and clean enough for swimming and such. Maybe 30 houses surround it? Anyways, I always dream of there being some sort of monster-like thing living in the lake that everybody is aware of. I've had these dreams my whole life. I vividly remember dreaming of a bus-shark that would swim around and eat people who would then be stuck inside of it. Also I've had many dreams of regular sharks that can travel at insane speeds.

I kind of forgot about these dreams until I had one last night. I was sitting in a paddleboat my dock on a sunny day with many people in the lake. Somebody shouted out a warning and suddenly everybody was swimming back to their respective docks/shores. I looked up and saw a fin appear above the surface. The fin turned towards me, and started rocketing towards me at high speeds. I was able to make it off the dock and onto my lawn in time, and when the fin reached where I was, it rose out of the water, exposing more of this large beast, only to submerge again.

It's weird and I think that these dreams contribute to my irrational fear of there being unknown beings in small bodies of water. Or maybe it is the other way around.
Recent Track: Someone Great - LCD Soundsystem

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Guff is Great!
Secret Muslim

Not Sid Was Here
Offline United States Male

NotSid

Quota: 1.44%
Doodthingocity: 9
Lüts: 303220.63

Windows XP

Chrome 18.0.1025.162

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

When I was younger I had these weird dreams. They happened all in one night.

I was walking with my mom from this parking lot to the local Food Lion. It had rained pretty heavily and there were puddles everywhere. There was a giant one right in between the puddle and the grocery store. Everytime we walked past it, a giant tentacle would come out of the water and drag me to the bottom of the puddle as my mom continues her walk.
I had that dream three times in one night, except the third time I broke free and made it to the grocery store.

As far as reoccuring dreams go, my sister and I have had several dreams where a demon appears and says "Jesus can't save your father"
Recent Track: Lift Yourself - Kanye West

ASSHOLE
Travis
Guff is Great!
Drosophila

Trueballa21

Quota: 1.78%
Doodthingocity: 25
Lüts: 44297.00

Windows XP

Chrome 18.0.1025.162

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »

pics of the lake

antmaster5000
Secret Muslim

DwightDL
Offline Thailand Male

Strongbad007

Quota: 3%
Doodthingocity: -27
Lüts: 245262.83

Linux (Ubuntu)

Chrome 17.0.963.79

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »

pics of the lake
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
here's some pics from a couple winter's ago

one of my favorite places
Recent Track: Someone Great - LCD Soundsystem

Mobius135
Elixir of Dreams

ff

Mobius135

Quota: 0%
Doodthingocity: 0
Lüts: 13203.00

Android

Webkit

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »

I wouldn't mind dreaming about that lake...

I've heard that reoccurring dreams for some people are simply representations of a problem they have not yet solved in their life. I believe it was the Hubble Telescope (correct me if wrong space-people) that had a problem and a solution could not be found, but after several days a scientist was able to solve it through a dream.
Recent Track: What Happens Now - I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business

.gif[/img]
Pages: [1]
Boyah Forums  |  General  |  The Esoteric & Occult  |  Reoccuring Dreams « previous next »
    Jump to: