April 24, 2024, 06:23:30 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

~browser plugins~

Started by Thyme, March 16, 2012, 03:42:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

[spoiler]Why exactly do so many of you idiots swear by Chrime? insultdood;[/spoiler]

yeah yeah, we've had this before, but it's been a while and people may have changed browsers and started using more plugins and stuff

so, what plugins/add-ons/extensions have you installed to complement your browser?

I use:

Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus Pop-Up Addon
DownloadHelper (to download flash videos)
Firebug (web developin')
Fireshot (to be able to take screenshots of entire pages)
Html Validator (web developin')
Imgur Uploader (to quickly upload pics just by right-clicking them)
Menu Editor (to customize the right-click menu)
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Scriptish (for them userscripts)
Shareaholic (for posting stuff to my facebook)
StumbleUpon
Stylish (the css equivalent of Scriptish)
Tab Mix Plus (to be able to lock tabs so i can't accidentally change the page)
Web Developer (...web developin')
Webmail Notifier (notifies me when i get emails)

Userscripts:

/mu/ + last.fm (adds last.fm functionalities to /mu/)
4chan x
Thyme's Boyah (removes unwanted elements from the navigation menu, like the aracde and the wiki)
Now They're LITERALLY invisible! (changes the opacity of posts accordingly to the poster's quota - currently disabled)

Thyme

Don't tell me you guys actually use bare browsers? ugly;

PLEASEHELP1991

i installed the adobe flash plugin
I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on March 16, 2012, 04:35:49 PM
Don't tell me you guys actually use bare browsers? ugly;
completely bare toothdood;

Nyerp

bluaki

Extensions:
NoAds Plus Multilingual Something

Plugins:
Flash
Google Talk + Video
Various <object> video handlers which I disabled upon noticing them while typing this post

Widgets:
I would never use one of these terrible things awdood;

Disabled features:
Opera Unite
Opera Mail

Userscripts/User CSS:
Haven't bothered making any yet, though Opera natively supports them. I've briefly tried them out before but I forget what it was for.

About some of the things you listed:
Imgur Uploader is something I don't have much use for in-browser, but I use one for my file manager.
Opera has web developer tools sorta similar to Firebug built-in, though they're significantly worse. I hardly ever deal with web development stuff anyways.
Tab Mix Plus is one I've used whenever I touch Firefox, but the features I actually care about (like clone tab) are in Opera by default
I don't care about mail notifications, but if I did, I'd either keep Thunderbird open in the background or add some taskbar object for it. Opera happens to be able to do this by default too but I dislike its mail features and keep them disabled.

Thyme

Quote from: bluaki on March 16, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
Widgets:
I would never use one of these terrible things awdood;

rofl ifeelbetter;

Quote from: bluaki on March 16, 2012, 05:02:21 PM
Imgur Uploader is something I don't have much use for in-browser, but I use one for my file manager.

I have that too, the in-browser one is mostly for Boyah, when I want to post an image but I don't want to post it directly from wherever I found it.

also ugh email clients ugly;

Kalahari Inkantation

bluaki

Quote from: Thyme on March 16, 2012, 05:27:01 PM
also ugh email clients ugly;
I rather prefer local programs over AJAX web app things in most cases sillydood;

The only thing I've switched to a web app for is RSS (Google Reader) because local RSS clients all suck and it's nice to actually have an online system that tracks which subscription sources I have and which feed items are unread between multiple devices.

In the case of email, I tend to want to see new messages listed for multiple accounts at once. Though Google's newish multiple sign on is closer to this, it's much less convenient than something like Thunderbird which in the main view lists all categories for all of my accounts

Mando Pandango

Extensions:
Facebook Blocker
FireFTP
Greasemonkey
Imgur Uploader
Tineye

A couple user scripts for reddit (not enhancement suite though)
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

i dont have any because i dont do that n*rd shit

snoorkel

I don't use any

idk i use all the browsers and I don't feel like taking the time to setup plugins ......aslo I don't really know of any I would use

ncba93ivyase

adblock
flashblock
rikaikun
some sort of 4chan plugin

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

This is on my laptop:

On my home computer I have much more.

Go Up