OS X MOUNTAIN LION: BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY?

Started by ncba93ivyase, February 21, 2012, 05:39:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Yes.

Good god it's going to be awful. I regret ever installing Lion on my laptop, and there's no way I'm installing Mountain Lion on it. My desktop will stick with Snow Leopard until it dies.

but seriously what the fuck why are they undoing all the progress that was made until snow leopard. os x was becoming more open every year and a better environment for developers, and now they're dragging it back into the mac classic era. they're trying to make things "easier" and the dumbing down and restrictions will only make it more cumbersome to deal with akudood;

NOBODY BELIEVED ME WHEN I SAID APPLE WAS GOING TO MAKE THE APP STORE THE ONLY WAY TO INSTALL APPLICATIONS :'(

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

snoorkel

February 22, 2012, 10:52:55 AM #2 Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:56:30 AM by vziard
Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 21, 2012, 05:39:34 PM

NOBODY BELIEVED ME WHEN I SAID APPLE WAS GOING TO MAKE THE APP STORE THE ONLY WAY TO INSTALL APPLICATIONS :'(

lol i been syaing this too. I'm really disgusted by the trend in consumerkompute towards task-driven design, like having an app screen full of a bunch of shit "apps" that each do one novel and useless thing, away from desktop OSs that allow fluid customization and open utilization of hardware... an ipad with ur fuckin app launch screen that syncs a To-Dos that can only be typed in Comic Sans to your beeper and your car and your fuckin photo frame instead of a laptop that might actually be able to change the name or filetype of a document, a desktop OS with twatface and facebboks and a wonderful variety of other piped-in fascism right on it ("widgets!!") instead of something that can, you know, be freely extended. novelty novelty novelty but holy shit 4-finger touch gestures. hopefully it's just the bloat before things actually get cool, meanwhile i think people who actually learned how to use//enjoy using real computers ((wtf is this really that hard?)) will just push development of open source things faster.

I have 10.6.4 on my main pc still, and I guess it's just a matter of time before I finally switch to a full-time linux desktop, which I've always dreamed of doing.......

?????

Die for Dethklok

Go Up