April 19, 2024, 07:19:17 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I have no ambition

Started by Travis, September 29, 2011, 09:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

Quote from: vulpix on September 30, 2011, 09:06:38 PM
the only reason it would be a dead end is because you've preemptively declared it as one in your mind.  so you play an instrument?
Yes but I don't have the dedication or skill to excel so I'm probably not doing anything with that

snoorkel

Quote from: Travis on September 30, 2011, 09:08:38 PM
Yes but I don't have the dedication or skill to excel so I'm probably not doing anything with that

draw it to you and it will come, wish it, and it happens, don't wait for things to happen that you didn't make happen yourself  akudood;

vulpix

Quote from: Travis on September 30, 2011, 09:08:38 PM

skill is something you acquire from the time you spend doing it... not having skill is a reason to keep playing, not a reason to stop playing.  generally, anyone can be skilled at anything if they spend enough time doing it.

what do you play?

YPrrrr

This is like watching an episode of Blue's Clues

Thyme

Quote from: Yip Yipper on October 01, 2011, 11:33:47 AM
This is like watching an episode of Blue's Clues

What do you mean? I've never watched it.

silvertone

Quote from: Thyme on October 01, 2011, 02:53:46 PM
It is a really good show. Watch an episode with steve as the host and not joe.

Nyerp

you've
never
watched
blues
clues

PLEASEHELP1991

you shouldn't because the french version was just a lazy dub of the american version.
the mexicans have their own version... even britons have their own unique version because they can't understand americans
I love [you]

sans culottes

think of something you'd like to learn about
consider whether or not you'd be content with its career opportunities
and then study it

thats how i picked my major n_u
I support BUSH

Socks

October 01, 2011, 10:55:00 PM #24 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:06:12 PM by Socks
While it is possible to have no ambition, and certainly probable that you do not. Having no interest is completely inexcusable. You must have some insight about a facet of life which stirs you and which only you can truly figure out, beautifuly, honoring a secret duty which no one else can see but you. From a perspective so dedicated and careful. This must give you hope. Must fuel your dreams. Must make you think and breath and indeed live within the puzzle that confronts the maze. Forget tangible things like titles and tests, professions or grade. It's not about the pay. It can't come any other way. The primary must preceed the first. Once you have your character set, and have figured out reality, there is nothing that can stop you, really. It's all about what you want to do next. What makes you feel best. And you won't have to worry, as the security stems from the vest, which you keep in your heart, and brings you peace, wisdom and years to spend.

Otherwise it's an issue of ability. Which you might lack. Because you neglected yourself, and need to take a few steps back, and look at it from afar, to see the marvel of it all. That should kill you. It should make you burn and think of a million ways to affect a plan, to work and create something unique in all the land, and idea or a hand, and to bring it all home. To sit back and behold, what you have done. For the life of humanity. Oh how they will remember you then. Like a king among kings.

Some things we can show you, the door. But it is you who must see it and go through it. Because it is not just a door my friend, but a portal of the divine, full of mystery, hiding in plain sight, unless you know the secret, and enter for flight.

There is no such this as an uninteresting matter. Only a disinterested person.

applesauce

Quote from: Socks on October 01, 2011, 10:55:00 PM
While it is possible to have no ambition, and certainly probable that you do not. Having no interest is completely inexcusable. You must have some insight about a facet of life which stirs you and which only you can truly figure out, beautifuly, honoring a secret duty which no one else can see but you. From a perspective so dedicated and careful. This must give you hope. Must fuel your dreams. Must make you think and breath and indeed live within the puzzle that confronts the maze. Forget tangible things like titles and tests, professions or grade. It's not about the pay. It can't come any other way. The primary must preceed the first. Once you have your character set, and have figured out reality, there is nothing that can stop you, really. It's all about what you want to do next. What makes you feel best. And you won't have to worry, as the security stems from the vest, which you keep in your heart, and brings you peace, wisdom and years to spend.

Otherwise it's an issue of ability. Which you might lack. Because you neglected yourself, and need to take a few steps back, and look at it from afar, to see the marvel of it all. That should kill you. It should make you burn and think of a million ways to affect a plan, to work and create something unique in all the land, and idea or a hand, and to bring it all home. To sit back and behold, what you have done. For the life of humanity. Oh how they will remember you then. Like a king among kings.

Some things we can show you, the door. But it is you who must see it and go through it. Because it is not just a door my friend, but a portal of the divine, full of mystery, hiding in plain sight, unless you know the secret, and enter for flight.

There is no such this as an uninteresting matter. Only a disinterested person.

giggle;

Thyme

Nyerp

Thyme

YPrrrr

Every show Steve would sing "You can do anything... that you want to do"

laughable 5thgrade;

Go Up