April 18, 2024, 06:37:17 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Albums you had to FORCE yourself through

Started by Thyme, September 11, 2011, 08:01:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

For any reason, like hoping it would pick up or having been told that it's really good but that it gets a while to get into, or for last.fm cred... but that last one would be p. retarded. 5thgrade;

Pain of Salvation - Scarsick

It's a good band, I listened to another album of theirs afterwards and it was p. cook, but good god. I really did not like this. I was hoping it would pick up but every song sucked as much as the last one. gonk;

also hi kaz i totes stole your idea~

Samus Aran

lou reed - metal machine music

because i was doing a review of that...thing for a class n_u

silvertone

Thyme

Quote from: Hakase on September 11, 2011, 08:02:23 PM
lou reed - metal machine music

because i was doing a review of that...thing for a class n_u

oh god lol sillydood;

Andria

I had that same problem with Scarsick

I mean it eventually grew on me and I liked it a bit more but I wasn't a fan of listening to it all the way through.

I had to force myself through that first Crystal Castle's album

Geno

Animal Collective's Sung Tongs. I don't get it at all.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Patrick Stickles

initially aeroplane over the sea
i specifically remember in 6th grade telling my girlfriend how much i hated it and like two years later i was the kid who was like "im listening to this before its cool, just you wait it will be cool" and then two years later it was cool

also the airing of grievances, i tried so many times to like it and it sucked every time, then the monitor came out and i was like !!!!!!!!! and then i was like ill give it another shot and i was like !!!!!!!!
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Hiro

Quote from: Geno on September 11, 2011, 08:08:44 PM
Animal Collective's Sung Tongs. I don't get it at all.
seriously? I don't know that there's anything to "get" but I don't find it very hard to swallow either.

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on September 11, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
initially aeroplane over the sea
i specifically remember in 6th grade telling my girlfriend how much i hated it and like two years later i was the kid who was like "im listening to this before its cool, just you wait it will be cool" and then two years later it was cool
i mean i guess I can see not liking it in 6th grade but the first time I heard it it just seemed like boring folk music to me

I don't recall ever really "forcing" myself through an album but something I can think of just waiting to end because I wasn't enjoying it was Godspeed You! Black Emperor's F# A# Infinity

[hedy]Zidone

Scott Walker - The Drift

Not creepy, not "avant-garde", terrible goddamned voice, and overall I thought the only interesting thing about it was that it's not exactly what I would expect from an aging 60s pop musician.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Zidone on September 11, 2011, 09:19:31 PM
Scott Walker - The Drift

Not creepy, not "avant-garde", terrible goddamned voice, and overall I thought the only interesting thing about it was that it's not exactly what I would expect from an aging 60s pop musician.

I just got this last week and I agree completely. Only thing is, I didn't finish it.

True story, true story.

Mando Pandango

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Unremarkable on the side of boring. I don't get it.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

AAAAAAAA

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam. what the fuck is that

Geno

Quote from: Man of Popcikle on September 11, 2011, 09:24:03 PM
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Unremarkable on the side of boring. I don't get it.
Ah yes Wilco. I tried to listen to a bunch of their albums before I saw them at Sasquatch, since I never really gave them a chance. I listened to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot since everyone claimed that it was a masterpiece and I was bored to shit. I gave up on trying to get them until one of my friends said that Summerteeth is a way better album. I listened to it, and loved it. After listening to that, I went back to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it was a lot better.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on September 11, 2011, 09:54:16 PM
Ah yes Wilco. I tried to listen to a bunch of their albums before I saw them at Sasquatch, since I never really gave them a chance. I listened to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot since everyone claimed that it was a masterpiece and I was bored to shit. I gave up on trying to get them until one of my friends said that Summerteeth is a way better album. I listened to it, and loved it. After listening to that, I went back to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and it was a lot better.

For Wilco, I actually started with their more recent self-titled album "Wilco (The Album)" instead of going with a more popular choice. While I do like YHF more, W(TH) probably got me into the band more than anything else.

Hiro

First Wilco album I listened to was Sky Blue Sky. I think I still like it best.

Go Up