March 28, 2024, 01:52:40 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

US Diplomatic Cables (Leaked)

Started by Socks, September 01, 2011, 05:21:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Anyone been reading these things? I've spent the last few weeks browsing through the cache and it makes for very interesting examination. Today alone I wasted about 5 hours reading through US Embassy-Tirana cables about various issues regarding Albania.

I love the title. I remember watching this with my father and thinking the exact same thing!

SUBJECT: Will the Real John Withers Please Stand Up? ΒΆ1. SUMMARY: Embassy Tirana has received extremely positive feedback regarding Ambassador Withers' appearance on the high-viewership variety/comedy show "Portokalli" (Orange) on March 1. The Ambassador's appearance on this type of TV show is the latest example of the Mission's innovative PD programming aimed at a broader and more diverse Albanian audience. END SUMMARY.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

are these new leaks, or the ones from some months ago that Wikileaks...leaked?

Socks

September 01, 2011, 06:22:44 PM #2 Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:29:14 PM by Socks
They are the same cables they've always had in possession, of which only some had previously been released. You see, Wikileaks had only distributed a handful of these cables (ie. several thousand out of the quarter million or so) via third party outlets, ie. news publications, as well as their 'maintenance problem' plagued website, and only after they had censored out sensitive source information. So they were being published periodically. Now, because of an assfuck blunder by non other than Mr. ASSnge himself, the ENTIRE trove of cables has been dumped and made available online to browse, without any prior redacting whatsoever, ie. in raw form. So it is a new leak stemming from a crack of an old leak.

snoorkel

so... how do you look at them? Do I need a cable reader or whatever?

Socks

Quote from: vziard on September 02, 2011, 07:27:53 PM
so... how do you look at them? Do I need a cable reader or whatever?

no sir. just the right website.

http://www.cablegatesearch.net/search.php

enjoy.

silvertone

Go Up