1 (9.1%)
Charter
2 (18.2%)
OTHER
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

snoorkel

After many painful years of working around Qwest's limits and frequent unavailability, I finally got cable internet installed today. So far, it's also disappointingly slow!

I chose Time Warner, hopefully the speed picks up to my guaranteed 20mbps sometime soon.  baddood;

Nyerp

applesauce

Got that Comcast business class. Customer service sucks when you need something done, but we always get speeds faster than what we are paying for. We pay for 12/2 I think, and normally test around 16-20/4-5. So I'd give them like an 8, because dealing with billing or whatever is shitty.

Daddy

Verizon FIOS A++

No throttling or bandwidth caps.
No random downtime that isn't due to the weather or my sister screwing up the router (I need to get a new one)
I actually get my full 15/5 at any pont during the day as opposed to where Comcast advertises "Speeds up to 12mbps" and by "up to" it means anything between 12mbps and 0mpbs, and you'll only get 12mbps at 3AM.

applesauce

Quote from: Khadafi on July 31, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Verizon FIOS A++

No random downtime that isn't due to the weather or my sister screwing up the router (I need to get a new one)
I actually get my full 15/5 at any pont during the day as opposed to where Comcast advertises "Speeds up to 12mbps" and by "up to" it means anything between 12mbps and 0mpbs, and you'll only get 12mbps at 3AM.

Yeah, Comcast did that to us in MPLS, so we got business class here, and don't have those problems anymore. :)

bluaki

Also Verizon FiOS. Though their provided and required routers are pretty terrible, the service itself is great with what speedtest tells me is 30/15 wired speeds, no throttling, no bandwidth caps, and no closed ports that I've noticed

I've essentially never used any other internet service before getting this. Never used dial-up hocuspocus;

applesauce

Quote from: bluaki on July 31, 2011, 01:23:50 PM

I've essentially never used any other internet service before getting this. Never used dial-up hocuspocus;

Wow. I had the dial up then the DSL then the Time Warner then the Comcast residential, and then my school's stuff, and now Comcast business.

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on July 31, 2011, 12:57:18 PM
Verizon FIOS A++

FiOS seems nice, I wanted to get it here but they only offered 7mbps for my area. Looks like that might be a better deal anyway, if I get 7mbps guaranteed.

ME##

Mediacom C+

Throttles upload speed [why], some minor downtime, no bandwidth cap and doesn't monitor torrenting and the like.  Overall, it's better than what I could get from Qwest CenturyLink or Iowa Telecom Windstream, but the latter two would certainly be cheaper.

bluaki

Quote from: applesauce on July 31, 2011, 01:42:03 PM
Wow. I had the dial up then the DSL then the Time Warner then the Comcast residential, and then my school's stuff, and now Comcast business.
Actually, I did have Verizon DSL for just a couple months before they installed fios in my neighborhood, but it wasn't long enough for me to get used to it.

Considering it took my family until the end of 2005 to get our first computer, there wasn't much chance to use the older service types n_u

applesauce

Quote from: bluaki on July 31, 2011, 11:44:40 PM
Actually, I did have Verizon DSL for just a couple months before they installed fios in my neighborhood, but it wasn't long enough for me to get used to it.

Considering it took my family until the end of 2005 to get our first computer, there wasn't much chance to use the older service types n_u

Well you certainly took full advantage of the intenet right away once you got it!

Go Up