March 28, 2024, 05:03:02 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Alternate OSes?

Started by Hiro, July 30, 2011, 03:30:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Clara Listensprechen

Well, me & Microsoft familiarity date back to the days when Gates "created" MSDOS from CP/M, and via my familiarity with CP/M, Microsoft is like a familiar old sock that I know how to do under-the-table stuff with.  All the malware issues experienced by others using ME and earlier editions weren't shared by me cuz I knew how to inoculate my system by hand and was even able to notify Ad Aware about the specifics of how malware attempted to disable detection by it.  I even got into the back doors of spammer ops and did my own meddling as payback.

I am disallowed by the system to do such by-hand stuff on XP and later, which is why I hate 'em.  I'm afraid that my ick experience with Unix soured me on Linux et seq. If I ever get a computer that isn't already employed, I might try Linux and whatever, but as long as my ME machines continue to be productive...well..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Hmph.

?????

Quote from: Hiro on August 04, 2011, 03:16:25 PM
but why? is it easy to install? are there many decent applications for it?
What about Haiku?

It's sort of like Gentoo, but not Linux  baddood;
Die for Dethklok

snoorkel

Quote from: TheSequel on August 04, 2011, 06:25:13 PM
It's sort of like Gentoo, but not Linux  baddood;

But why would you want that besides having fun, compatibility with BSD is nothing next to Debian or RHEL systems  doodhuh;

?????

Quote from: vziard on August 04, 2011, 07:40:19 PM
But why would you want that besides having fun, compatibility with BSD is nothing next to Debian or RHEL systems  doodhuh;

You wouldn't doodhuh;

Edit: Actually I think many programs written for Linux will work on BSD.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up